11-09-2016 06:15 AM
30 12
tools
    Did the OTA and now my phone can send texts but won't recieve them. Actually that isn't correct it will get them but all at once in bulk hours later. Now I have cleaned the cache, uninstalled Hangouts and reinstalled. Booted into safe mode and tried sending a text. I can send but don't get the response. I turned off LTE and all the responses started flooding in. I will probably do a factory reset and see how that works. Anyone else have this issue?
    10-15-2015 06:08 AM
    Yes. I had Handcent as my default SMS app and that stopped working immediately after the new system update. I thought it was a Handcent problem and was researching that when I saw your post. So it looks like a general SMS problem not restricted to Handcent. I'll uninstall Handcent and see what happens.
    10-16-2015 03:59 AM
    I was running hangouts...so it isn't that. If I turn of LTE things work. So this is the same issue that happened in 2014. Hopefully Google will send a patch.
    10-16-2015 06:23 AM
    OK, I uninstalled Handcent and the default app worked fine. I then installed 'Handcent Next' and that worked fine too
    10-16-2015 09:46 AM
    Pushbullet is breaking MMS on Marshmallow. Can't tell if this is unique to Nexus 5 or if it happens to be a lot of Nexus 5 handsets because that's one of the few for which Marshmallow is available. If you have it, try uninstalling and then rebooting. Mine didn't work until I rebooted.

Unfortunately I can't post links due to not having posted enough here, but if you search productforums dot google dot com for the subject "Can't Send/Receive MMS on Nexus 5 after Android 6.0 Update" you will find more.
    10-16-2015 10:00 AM
    Didn't use pushbullet and for now as soon as I turn of LTE and go to 3g everything works. Looks like it is a bug Google will have to fix.
    10-16-2015 10:13 AM
    Just use Google Messenger as your default SMS/MMS app. Mine's working perfect even after moving to Android 6.
    10-16-2015 02:08 PM
    Just use Google Messenger as your default SMS/MMS app. Mine's working perfect even after moving to Android 6.
    Tried that. It still didn't work. Only way is turning off LTE. I will probably do a factory reset when I have the couple hours to kill.
    10-16-2015 02:14 PM
    You guys got the update already? I'm still waiting for mine...
    10-16-2015 07:19 PM
    I'm having this issue also. I clean flashed using the factory images, so factory reset may not help you out. I had the Pushbullet MMS issue. Uninstalled pushbullet and that was fixed. But SMS is now severely delayed even when using stock Messaging app.

EDIT: Can confirm this is still an issue in Safe Mode.

Does anyone here know how to properly put an issue into the Issue Tracker? If so, please do it and send us a link so we can star and share it!
    10-17-2015 02:35 PM
    My wife and I are both on Marshmallow on Nexus 5s. Mine works fine, but she cannot view pictures in Hangouts. She instead sees that there is a message and tapping on it will offer the option to delete or download. Delete works fine but choosing download simple "clicks". I immediately see the picture and don't need to download and that is the way hers used to work. Any ideas?
    10-18-2015 12:09 PM
    I called T-Mobile and they "reset my LTE" (whatever that actually means) and it seems to have fixed the issue of receiving SMS while LTE is the preferred network type.
    10-18-2015 12:27 PM
    I am having a terrible time with Marshmallow. Apps and OS are laggy. Calls take forever to dial out. Calls initiated from phone while in car do not connect to car BT. SMS messages will not send. Phone does not lock on auto sleep, despite setting to lock after 5 seconds.

All in all the update is terribly buggy or the Nexus 5 simply does not have enough horsepower to run it well. I am really annoyed and I hope that Google releases some bug fixes soon.

Also, I did the Cache Partition wipe. It took FOREVER (like 15 minutes of no activity, which feels like forever) and has not made any difference.
    10-19-2015 09:44 AM
    I am having a terrible time with Marshmallow. Apps and OS are laggy. Calls take forever to dial out. Calls initiated from phone while in car do not connect to car BT. SMS messages will not send. Phone does not lock on auto sleep, despite setting to lock after 5 seconds.

All in all the update is terribly buggy or the Nexus 5 simply does not have enough horsepower to run it well. I am really annoyed and I hope that Google releases some bug fixes soon.

Also, I did the Cache Partition wipe. It took FOREVER (like 15 minutes of no activity, which feels like forever) and has not made any difference.
    clean flash.
    10-20-2015 06:55 AM
    Google Messenger also won't send mms messages post Marshmallow upgrade. I did have Pushbullet, and it seems to send fine after uninstalling it - however, I used Pushbullet a lot, so am not enthused about not having it available.
    10-20-2015 10:40 AM
    I had the same issues after upgrading to 6 on my nexus 5. But I've just reset my APN(s) to default, rebooted my phone and I managed to get an MMS from my friend that had failed about 5 minutes prior to resetting. So, seems to have worked... not sure if it's a permanent fix.
    10-20-2015 08:12 PM
    I called T-Mobile and they "reset my LTE" (whatever that actually means) and it seems to have fixed the issue of receiving SMS while LTE is the preferred network type.
    Nexus 5 Marshmallow. I have pushbullet. I uninstalled it and the issue persisted in the messenger app. I change the default to 3g and turned my phone off and on and I was able to receive mms no problem. I turned LTE back on turned airplane mode on and than off and mms is still working solid. So I guess "resetting" the LTE worked.
    10-20-2015 10:52 PM
    Nexus 5 Marshmallow. I have pushbullet. I uninstalled it and the issue persisted in the messenger app. I change the default to 3g and turned my phone off and on and I was able to receive mms no problem. I turned LTE back on turned airplane mode on and than off and mms is still working solid. So I guess "resetting" the LTE worked.
    This worked perfectly for me. Thank you.
    10-21-2015 07:08 AM
    Uninstalling Pushbullet worked for me too. Unfortunately, its one of those apps that I really like and use regularly. Can someone update this thread when the issue gets fixed with this app?
    10-21-2015 10:52 PM
    seems to be fixed now.
    10-22-2015 11:00 AM
    I have uninstall PushBullet ans Its' Ok now
    10-25-2015 03:42 AM
    I did the cache partition wipe. The SMS issue may have been due to a conflict with SMS backup. Also, you need to set Chrome as the default browser.

Most issues calmed down after another 24 hours. The dialer app issues (delay) and the BT car connection issues (inconsistent connection for outgoing calls) persist.
    10-28-2015 09:44 AM
    Hey,

Certain apps that are downloaded are causing the SMS/MMS to malfunction. Try putting your phone into safe mode and sending a photo/text that way - if it goes through then it's an issue with an application. Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing which app is causing this issue so the best way to fix this is to figure out when you started to have SMS/MMS issues and see what apps you may have downloaded around that time. Try uninstalling them and then send a message again to see if it works.

Also, Pushbullet isn't the actual application that is causing this issue. I deleted Layout and kept Pushbullet and my SMS/MMS is working fine.
    11-12-2015 10:57 AM
    I had the identical issue. Would not open MMS, and would not download despite many attempts. Given the $$ spent on the handset, and Googles lack of effort to solve a problem many are having after the recent update, I installed Textra roblem solved. I hate to join the I phone crowd, but this issue persisted for months.
    11-27-2015 09:39 AM
    Nick

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-27-2015 11:10 AM
30 12