Hello Everyone, I am new here. I recently upgraded my Nexus 5 to Android 6.0

I recently cleared data for my facebook, twitter, and fb messenger apps . To be honest, I dont know what I was thinking. Now my permissions for each app are no longer granted.

The permissions that each app requests are as follows:
    Calendar, Camera, Contacts, Location, Microphone,SMS, Storage, Telephone, Request access to your twitter

Each app has the same permissions as listed above with the exception of Facebook and Twitter. Facebook has an extra one (Calendar) and Twitter also has an extra one ( Request access to your twitter)

I was wondering if someone could please help me understand the permission settings for each app and what it means. I have a learning disability and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by this. I want my permissions back to the way they were.

If you can help me understand so I can make the right permissions adjustments, I'd be very appreciative.
    10-15-2015 10:19 AM
    Basically each app has to ask your permission to perform it's functions. So if you want Facebook to check and see which of your friends is also on Facebook, it needs to be able to access your contacts to know who your friends are. If you writing a tweet and want to share a photo, Twitter needs permission to access your camera.

Also, since you upgraded to 6.0, the way permissions are handled has changed...You used to grant all the permissions when you first downloaded an app. Now you can download the app and use it but the first time you try to do something that requires permission, that's when you get a pop-up asking you to allow it. The most recent AC podcast actually did a pretty good job of explaining it....you might wanna check that out.
    10-15-2015 03:45 PM