So the Android 6.0 marshmallow update started rolling out. Now having a nexus you usually get the updates first. Having and unlocked nexus from Google play gets it first. Then nexus phones on carrier networks typically get it before other types of phones. Now when you have any phone on a carrier you have to wait for them to approve the update. Verizon is historically slow with approving the updates. Now given that my nexus 6 is unlocked from Google play will it get the update with the other unlocked nexus phones? Or since a Verizon sim is in it do I have to wait on them to push out the update?
    10-15-2015 02:10 PM
    Beats me. I have a Nexus 5 using a Telcel SIM and I got Anroid 6 last Thursday.
    10-15-2015 02:19 PM
    So the Android 6.0 marshmallow update started rolling out. Now having a nexus you usually get the updates first. Having and unlocked nexus from Google play gets it first. Then nexus phones on carrier networks typically get it before other types of phones. Now when you have any phone on a carrier you have to wait for them to approve the update. Verizon is historically slow with approving the updates. Now given that my nexus 6 is unlocked from Google play will it get the update with the other unlocked nexus phones? Or since a Verizon sim is in it do I have to wait on them to push out the update?
    I have a Verizon N6 and have not received the OTA yet. VZW was very slow getting out 5.1.1 so I assume this will be no different.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-20-2015 08:31 AM