Marshmallow/Gmail issue with Exchange/ActiveSync GAL

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Greetings all. I searched the forums using a combination of several keywords and did not find anything.

Is anyone else having issues with Office 365 ActiveSync directory (GAL) search no longer working with Marshmallow 6.0?
Here's my setup:

- one Exchange account is setup in GMail. GAL search worked in 5.1.1 on same device (Nexus 6). GAL still works on Nexus 5 running 5.1.1
- all permissions for the Gmail app are granted, so I'm not leaning toward a permission issue, but that doesn't mean it's not a permission issue.
- there are no indications that GAL is being searched after I type in a person's name
-I even re-flashed the factory image just to make sure and did a factory reset

Anyone else experiencing this? Same issue posted over at XDA with only 2 replies of "yes, having the same issue" but no suggested resolutions.

Thanks in advance.

spud101

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes I noticed the same issue. And already posted it. I can't post links yet, look for thread "no more exchange gal lookup android 6"
Mods maybe you can combine threads?

Alisa Peach

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issues as listed here as well. I cleaned up my clutter and junk folder out but my phone was taking forever to update. Thinking it would be easier to just delete the account from the phone and start over I quickly wished I had not made that decision.
I have another exchange account set up on the phone that still works the way it always did.
I am also getting error messages saying Unfortunately, Inbox has stopped.
Sync also says that it is experiencing issues, it will be back soon.

Bjkirschn2

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Greetings all. I searched the forums using a combination of several keywords and did not find anything.

Is anyone else having issues with Office 365 ActiveSync directory (GAL) search no longer working with Marshmallow 6.0?
Here's my setup:

- one Exchange account is setup in GMail. GAL search worked in 5.1.1 on same device (Nexus 6). GAL still works on Nexus 5 running 5.1.1
- all permissions for the Gmail app are granted, so I'm not leaning toward a permission issue, but that doesn't mean it's not a permission issue.
- there are no indications that GAL is being searched after I type in a person's name
-I even re-flashed the factory image just to make sure and did a factory reset

Anyone else experiencing this? Same issue posted over at XDA with only 2 replies of "yes, having the same issue" but no suggested resolutions.

Thanks in advance.

Try taking phone out of power saving mode ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463