Two days ago, i downloaded the ota for 6.0. So what. Big deal. My Nexus 5 works exactly the same as 5.1.1. The apps are the same, and the speed is the same. All it did is add an extra 240mbs. to the total used. I was going to use this download as a test for the Nexus 6P, but i'm totally underwhelmed. With 6.0 on a brand new Nexus 6P, it's just like a brand new, but larger, Nexus 5, with 5.1.1. The only difference is now, i have to wait for the devs at XDA to bring some new roms to the table. I didn't get the Nexus 6, because i felt that it was too wide for my hands, but the 6P really looked good to me. Sorry, but i'm not dropping big bucks on a better looking Nexus, with just an extension of the 5.1.1. They might as well have called it 5.1.2.
    10-16-2015 09:01 AM
    Got the OTA on my Nexus 9 a day or so ago. Haven't noticed a lot of improvement, either. Seems most of the changes are "under hood." Maybe nougat will bring more pronounced changes.
    10-16-2015 09:26 AM
    There isn't a lot of visual changes. Behind the scenes is the new app permissions, fingerprint support, Doze, changes with web view (i.e., prefetching data), mobile payment support, and that is just touching the surface.
    10-16-2015 09:42 AM
    Well.. this did start out as 5.2, mind you. They changed it to 6.0 as a marketing change. But version numbers are meaningless here.

There is a LOT of new stuff in 6.0.... the UI didn't see a 4.4-5.0 overhaul, but there are still significant changes all over the place.

• Doze and App Standby
    • Greatly improved permissions model
    • More complete backup model that includes internal app data
    • New inter-app linking APIs
    • On Tap
    • A rework of many of the system monitoring tools

That's just the obvious stuff.
    Snappy Phoenix, Aglet and ptkelly like this.
    10-16-2015 09:46 AM
    I suppose those with unrealistic expectations are often underwhelmed. I found Android 6 to have some excellent features above Android 5.1--and I won't even discuss Android 5--but realize that it's just me. I did a factory restore and the Google Backup and Restore function in Android 6 actually works.
    Aglet likes this.
    10-16-2015 12:40 PM
    Well maybe it's just me. This time around, i want to hold one in my hand, and check all the functions. I hope that BestBuy, or some carrier will sell it. I don't like sending money to Google, without seeing the product. I did it with my Nexus 5, which i love, but i won't do it again.
    10-16-2015 02:01 PM
    The hype is for API fluidity, which makes us, the clients, happier in the long run. Why? Fluidity promotes healthier battery consumption and RAM.

Google is trying to make Android OS something that every can feel used to on any OEM skin, where the OEM can now focus on being different rather than adding stuff to meet up to competitors (I.e. Samsung vs Apple). That's what I think though, their event for this really emphasized consistency and stability for developers, which is something Android really needs.
    10-16-2015 03:40 PM
    I think Doze and App Standby are really major changes, and hopefully, we can see improved battery due to that. That alone is a lot.
    10-16-2015 07:17 PM