For the first few days after I got 6.0 on my N6, I would notice vastly improved battery life just leaving my device idle over night.

I would lose maybe 1-2%. Battery monitors would say I have days(once said 6 days left) of battery life left.

for the last 24 hours, and including last night. I went to bed with 55%, woke up with 44% and my battery said 18 hours left and jiggling my device showed an ambient display full of notifications.

I dont know if my device is going into Doze mode any longer. I've checked everywhere and cant find any reason as to why it's not.. last night I left my device idle, screen off, didnt touch it for like 9 hours so it should have gone into Doze.. I tried rebooting.. any crazy ideas as to why it wouldnt?
    10-21-2015 09:29 AM
    When you got the 6.0 update, did you do a reset?
    10-21-2015 09:34 AM
    When you got the 6.0 update, did you do a reset?
    I know that's the preferred method for OTA's and flashes but man, I really dont want to lol. The only thing I've installed lately is Firechat which I will try uninstalling. I guess as a very last measure I can wipe but man that sucks..

Does the new backup mode backup stuff from the Amazon appstore also?
    10-21-2015 09:37 AM
    Something to keep in mind is this: with every new major OS update, the framework needs to be rebuilt. The only way to do that is to do a reset.
    10-21-2015 09:50 AM
    You didn't set up any exemptions in the "Battery Optimizations" window, did you?

Now, if Doze is working right, after 30 minutes of it sitting there doing nothing, it fires off a timed alarm. If, after another 30 minutes, there is no movement, Doze fires and starts working. I'd like to take a look at your battery graph and see what the wake times look like. Doze should really limit the amount of times you see it wake up when the screen is off for an extended amount of time.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    10-21-2015 09:57 AM
    Noticed the same thing, would lose like 2% overnight, and last night it was 8-9%.
    10-21-2015 10:51 AM
    You didn't set up any exemptions in the "Battery Optimizations" window, did you?

Now, if Doze is working right, after 30 minutes of it sitting there doing nothing, it fires off a timed alarm. If, after another 30 minutes, there is no movement, Doze fires and starts working. I'd like to take a look at your battery graph and see what the wake times look like. Doze should really limit the amount of times you see it wake up when the screen is off for an extended amount of time.
    I charged it full a few hours ago and just now set it down. I won't touch it for a few hours just to see whats going on and I'll report back with a screenshot of the battery.

I had to use it as my tether device for about 2 hours and it was at 81% when I turned the screen off and set it down. I'm hoping after few hours that it's in the high 70's, 78-79%.

I'll report back later today.
    10-21-2015 11:07 AM
    Something is definitely waking my phone up which is preventing Doze from kicking in. I thought Doze was supposed to ignore wakelocks. Here are 2 screenshots immediately after I woke up this morning.

I dont know if Doze mode is working any longer on my Nexus 6.-screenshot_20151022-061421.jpgI dont know if Doze mode is working any longer on my Nexus 6.-screenshot_20151022-061412.jpg
    10-22-2015 09:38 AM
    OK... looking at that, I think I see one spot where Doze fired off... around 3am. See that big hole in the awake time? That looks like Doze. As for earlier.. is the phone off, just sitting on a table? They were fairly conservative with Doze settings, so the phone has to be still for a good 30m to an hour.

Do you have any persistent notifications (where the notification can't be dismissed)?
    10-22-2015 03:19 PM
    OK... looking at that, I think I see one spot where Doze fired off... around 3am. See that big hole in the awake time? That looks like Doze. As for earlier.. is the phone off, just sitting on a table? They were fairly conservative with Doze settings, so the phone has to be still for a good 30m to an hour.

Do you have any persistent notifications (where the notification can't be dismissed)?
    I had one, a weather app. Weather Timeline but I disabled it after reading this message. Last night I went to bed with like 43%, woke up with 33%. I'm talking my phone is sitting doing nothing, on my nightside stand for like 8-9 hrs. I'm purposely not touching my phone very often throughout the day to see if it kicks in..

Here's another screen shot. I dont know if Doze mode is working any longer on my Nexus 6.-screenshot_20151023-073654.jpg

You can see my phone seems to be turning on a ton of times between when I went to bed at 8PM and woke up at 5:30-ish.
    10-23-2015 09:44 AM
    You can see my phone seems to be turning on a ton of times between when I went to bed at 8PM and woke up at 5:30-ish.
    Yeah... there's something running amok there... there's a lot of wake ups piled up on there a bit after midnight. Hard to tell what is going on without looking at your phone.

this is what it should look like:

I dont know if Doze mode is working any longer on my Nexus 6.-screenshot_20151023-105856.jpg

I zonked out on my couch like 11 or so... You see a few wake ups in a regular interval, then a longer pause... that's a few maintainence windows then Doze starts to lengthen the time between windows. I woke up and checked a few things then finally went to bed.
    10-23-2015 10:09 AM
    I did get a PagerDuty alert at about 1:45-ish which is where you see my screen turn on but I dismissed it and went back to bed. I dont know if Doze is broke, or if something is just preventing Doze from kicking in. I checked the Battery Optimization and only DMService, Google Play Services(the very latest, 8.3.00) and ProjectFI are on the list.

Device admins are Gmail, Android Pay and Android Device Manager. Apps with Usage Access, only Google Play Services is listed and it's Off. If I go to Accessibility, All the "Services" are Off. Stay Away (in Dev. Options) is Off.

Ambient Display can't disable Doze Mode can it? I mean the screen is turning on for some notifications briefly.. but I dunno..

I dunno, maybe it is working.. at 8PM I turn my screen off.. the few next wake blips are within that first 2x 30m timers. Then nothing, no wakes for hours. At 1:45ish I get that alert, which wakes the phone up and then proceeds to download notifications. I just dont get the huge drop in battery life.. Maybe it's my battery, dunno.
    10-23-2015 10:23 AM
    Yeah.. battery issues are a bit of a pain. One of the things I would like to see them add is detailed battery statistics. As is, in order to get the really good stuff, you need third party tools. And in 6.0, you need root access AND a modified image to allow for writes to the system partition. .. for tools like GSAM to really give good information.

OK... quick question here... 8PM you crash, 5:30 you wake up. That's 9 1/2 hours. During that you got that page... so that woke up the phone and Doze canceled and the apps all went out and got their data fix from the nether regions of beyond.... then back to sleep.

So you lose 1.2%/h from 8 to 5:30 and a good chunk of that was related to the page.... That's not too bad. I'd take a look at it tonight and see what's what.
    10-23-2015 10:57 AM
    So I uninstalled a few apps. I uninstalled Pushbullet, OneDrive, and one more app, I can't think of it off the top of my head.. I've noticed a huge decrease in the amount of battery life I was losing while in doze. I was losing upwards of 10% overnight for it just sitting on the nightside stand.

Last night I lost 2%.

The reason why I've been microscoping this is because I hate leaving my phone plugged in over night. I know that it shouldn't harm it but I still dislike it.. now I charge it about 10am when I'm at work and it lasts all day long until the next morning where I have about 40% left. I no longer have to charge it at night, I just leave it next to my bed!

Doze not only increases the battery life by going into deep sleep but it should help with battery longevity also.
    10-30-2015 09:29 AM
    The reason why I've been microscoping this is because I hate leaving my phone plugged in over night. I know that it shouldn't harm it but I still dislike it.. now I charge it about 10am when I'm at work and it lasts all day long until the next morning where I have about 40% left. I no longer have to charge it at
    First, glad to see that you cleared the issue..

Second, I'm with you. I don't like to keep a phone on a charger and let it bounce around at 100% for a few hours. But I also used to get annoyed with the background drain that would occur. Sure, I could pop it into Airplane Mode, but that's not ideal. I used Tasker and Llama to do all sorts of odd things with my radios, sync status, etc... basically using off the shelf apps to replicate exacty what Doze does now. I'd rather use the built-in version.
    sniffs likes this.
    11-02-2015 09:45 AM