Nexus 5: Headphones media volume will not exceed 40% since Marshmallow update

kaigani

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Previously, when headphones were plugged in, media players would display an 'unsafe volume' alert if you turned the volume above 40%

Since upgrading to Marshmallow, all of my apps are unable to override the 40% volume limit. Any attempt to raise the volume, even with the volume button, and it just resets to 40% again.

This is very frustrating, considering I can't hear media on the train commute – which is the primary use for my Android device.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I've never noticed a percentage reading but I had two Bluetooth earphones. One gave me an adequate volume--I'm quite deaf--and the other didn't. So, I gave the low volume earphones to a nephew in the hopes he won't go deaf, too. Perhaps your problem is the earphone.

kaigani

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
It's not the earphones.

This is a screenshot from the VLC media player, which is also how I read the 40% volume level. You can see the slider just won't go above that level no matter what I try. It's the same for other media players.

Screenshot_20151027-172232.jpg

Gary Player

May 5, 2016
Visit site
It's not the earphones.

This is a screenshot from the VLC media player, which is also how I read the 40% volume level. You can see the slider just won't go above that level no matter what I try. It's the same for other media players.

View attachment 203281

Ya this is complete b.s. same thing on my LG GPAD at t dosent have a clue called 7x was told hardware issue when its clearly software issue jus gonna bash the thing off the wall

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz