08-28-2017 02:23 PM
69 123
tools
    Wooow switching from guest to personal solved my problem, I was about to wipe everything, nice contribution!!
    08-18-2016 01:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by haro52 View Post
    I regret to inform you that this bug is in android N with my 6P as well
    I was also unable to ADB or change user however,
    What I did to fix:
    Download/install/open Nova Launcher
    long press screen, widgets
    create a nova activity
    Scroll till you find setup wizard
    look for setup wizard test activity
    click on the icon you just created
    run through setup

Thanks a lot... this worked instantly. I had the same problem with my Moto G turbo
    08-19-2016 02:33 AM
    I have a motorola g4 and have gone through the same steps. When I launch the set up..it gets stuck in a loop after I decline to put in payment info..it goes back to pattern lock after the setup wizard crashe's. .

Ideally want to recover the phone without factory resetting...
    08-23-2016 05:49 PM
    I've now tried to factory reset the phone and the thing get stuck in with a no command icons after i select recover mode....holding the up key and hitting the power doesn't do anything... then phones fires back up into the setupwizard loop....i enter all the googles stuff and it loop sback round to asking me to accpt terms and conditions... please help..this ia my daughters phone and she's driving me nuts to fix it.....
    08-26-2016 07:13 PM
    I just had this same issue on a Moto G3: no Quick Settings, Home button didn't work, Notifications empty, User missing from Settings. Email would also queue for a strangely long time before sending. Very frustrating (especially absence of Home when using Dolphin browser).

Ran the Nova Launcher fix suggested by haro52 and it worked perfectly. Super duper thanks to haro52!!

The issue started when I was taking photos and the storage filled up. A notice came up that the phone was going into a mode optimized for low available storage. The phone rebooted, then was never the same for the last week, no matter how much I deleted or what settings I fiddled with, until just now
    08-29-2016 09:10 PM
    having the same problem, setup wizard keeps looping around and asking to accept terms and conditions. did you figure it out?
    09-14-2016 11:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by haro52 View Post
    I regret to inform you that this bug is in android N with my 6P as well
    I was also unable to ADB or change user however,
    What I did to fix:
    Download/install/open Nova Launcher
    long press screen, widgets
    create a nova activity
    Scroll till you find setup wizard
    look for setup wizard test activity
    click on the icon you just created
    run through setup

Thanks a mil! .
    This just saved me a lot of time and headache.
    11-29-2016 10:50 AM
    Hi ,

Am Having the same isues with MOTO G3..
    1.My home button is not working.
    2.Not able to see the Quick notification .
    3.Minimizing the app feature is no working .

Please let me know the solution so that i can continue using the same product .

Thanks,
    sujith
    12-04-2016 10:15 PM
    same problem. setup wizard just keeps circling around, asking to accept terms and conditions. is there any solution to this?
    01-02-2017 07:12 AM
    found a solution to the setup wizard loop! let it run through once, then when it starts for the second time, go back once to the WiFi network selection and unselect your WiFi network and procede. The setup wizard will crash and bring you back to your home screen, with all problems fixed and your phone ready to go again!
    01-02-2017 08:56 AM
    I have the same problem on my Pixel XL.
    I tried to do the Nova Launcher workaround but it doesn't work.
    I can only chose to active the mobile data connection (.carrier.ActivationActivity) under the setup wizard and if I click this it says I don't have the permission and no shortcut is created
    01-02-2017 04:10 PM
    1. Download Nova Launcher from Play Store.
    2.Hold on a blank place on your home screen and press widgets (Go to all apps and go to widgets on older android software)
    3.Scroll down and add a widget called 'Nova Activities'
    4. Once the widget opens you will see a list. In the list scroll down to 'Setup Wizard' and press on '.SetupWizardTestActivity'
    5. Complete the setup as asked. Its just a dummy setup and all your data(internal storage, apps etc.) will remain safe. ( Make sure to use a different e-mail than you used to setup your phone the first time. You can delete it later).
    6.Once the setup is done, your phone will be back to normal.
    7. Go to all apps, then to nova settings, then to nova default home and press google now launcher and always.
    8. If you press your home button, press on google now launcher and always.
    02-20-2017 10:51 AM
    I have the same problem on my Pixel XL.
    I tried to do the Nova Launcher workaround but it doesn't work.
    I can only chose to active the mobile data connection (.carrier.ActivationActivity) under the setup wizard and if I click this it says I don't have the permission and no shortcut is created
    Same, and there are a handful of others who've encountered this as well, but a thorough Google search has come up with nothing. So frustrating!
    04-21-2017 12:57 AM
    I got the same problem but worse. Motorola Moto G2, all the problems above. Can't switch Users, can't do factory reset, can't do factory reset over recovery mode. Also it says the device is locked in recovery mode. When i try to do a reset in fastboot it just starts up normal.
    Any idea what to do?
    05-19-2017 11:08 AM
    Add me to the list of sufferers.
    Symptoms started completely randomly. Nothing out of the ordinary occurring in phone use.
    Had recently installed Android System Webview and Calculator updates.
    Otherwise, no clue as to what triggered it.
    Phone is a Nexus 5. Running Marshmallow, all up to date.

Full list of symptoms.
    • Cannot install updates
    • Cannot install new apps (like Nova Launcher for workaround)
    • No Notifications shown
    • Pull down quick menu not accessible (therefore cannot connect to PC via USB)
    • Settings > Users is disabled / doesn't open (cannot switch to Guest for workaround)
    • Home button disabled (flashes, but does nothing)
    • Recent Apps button disabled (flashes, but does nothing)
    • Developer options disabled (pressing Build Number repeatedly does nothing)
    • Back-up was disabled (was able to re-enable)
    • Keyboard vibrate was enabled (preference had been forgotten)
    • Lost sound through headphones (reboot restored)
    • Custom Phone Ringtone setting was lost
    • Daydream turned on (not previously set)

Things I've tried
    • Reboot
    • Switch user to Guest (unavailable)
    • Reboot in Safe Mode (Didn't help. Does not enable access to any extra option, like Guest user)
    • Clear Cache partition via Recovery Mode (no improvement)
    • Install Nova Launcher (cannot install updates or apps. Get "Download pending..." message)
    • Google voice detection - Off

Luckily I have Dropbox installed so have been able to sync out my photos.
    I think a factory reset is my only option now.
    06-13-2017 08:03 PM
    Also, can't access adb commands to try adb am start -n com.google.android.setupwizard/.SetupWizardTestActivity because cannot access dev tools, debug mode or usb connection.
    This is nuts.
    Let's see how a factory reset goes via Recovery mode...
    06-13-2017 10:27 PM
    Well, a complete factory reset did the job.
    After much re-configuring of email accounts and social media logins, everything is back to normal.
    What a huge waste of time.
    I wonder how many people this happens to!
    06-14-2017 11:01 PM
    I was able to fix home button by executing the following command in adb console:

adb shell settings --user 0 put secure user_setup_complete 1
    08-16-2017 09:17 PM
    I had the exact same set of issues on a Pixel XL running a 8.0 beta version, and again with the final release version of 8.0. I could not download apps from the Play Store but I was able to resolve this by downloading the Nova Launcher to my laptop, then connecting my phone via USB cable, changing the USB settings from 'charging' to 'file transfer,' copying the .apk file over, and using a file manager I already had to install the Nova Launcher. Then create the widget to launch the Setup Wizzard. That works great - but this has re-occured twice since the original problem about 3 weeks ago.

Safe mode, clearing caches etc did nothing for me. Only running the setup wizzard worked for me. I've seen other posts that say the same as well. Factory reset also seems to work, but that takes time to reload everything!!
    08-28-2017 02:23 PM
69 123