I looked in this sub forum for this answer and could not find it(unless i missed it, sorry)

After M update i noticed funny stuff with the battery, but wasn't quite sure. Until last night when i woke up with it being almost out of charge.
    Also it charges super slow..yada yada.

I went into my setting/battery to see whats up

says ExCHANGE services is at 20%
    Android system 9%

Between 9pm and 8am the Cellualr network sygnal is at its capacity and so is the WI-Fi Bar(full green). the ****.

everything else is at 5% or lower

this is rather annoying to have to deal with, anyone found a fix? I havent done anything with my phone thats different.

thanks for help
    10-31-2015 01:27 PM
    Do you use Exchange Services? If not, I'd disable it.

Did you turn off wi-fi overnight, or leave it on? I know you said that the wi-fi bar was green all night, but I want to know if you intended to keep it on, or if you turned it off, but wi-fi still stayed on despite that.
    10-31-2015 02:58 PM
    I did not turn the wifi off, no.(I leave my phone/wifi on)/ I've never turned wifi off with any other updates(as it was never an issue).

I take it that with this upadate the WIFI is recommended to be off?

Thanks B.diddy
    10-31-2015 09:37 PM
    No, you can leave wi-fi on if you want to. I was just wondering if you meant the wi-fi showed that it was on all night if you had actually turned it off.

Do you use an Exchange email account? If not, disable Exchange Services in ​Settings>Apps>All.
    10-31-2015 11:19 PM
    Yah for sure the battery life is being super strange.... had the phone plugged into my car(with a random USB cable- yes it worked flawlessly before). And the phone while plugged in, lost 20% power. None of this ever happened before M.

I have gmail & hotmaill set up on the phone. If i disable exchange services, that'll disable my emails, right.

hmmmmmmm, i'm sure i'm not the only one dealing with this issue.
    11-01-2015 02:44 AM
    I had that happen one night and the culprit was Exchange Services. I had done a factory restore and thought perhaps it was syncing with my GMail account. Whatever, it hasn't happened since.
    11-01-2015 06:14 AM
    That might be it.. If i disable/force stop the EXCHANGE Services, i wont be able to get any email. I've already tested it. So i'm not sure what exactly do i need to do with this Exchange services. If anyone can chime in, please help.
    11-01-2015 01:06 PM
    Can you set your email accounts to sync less often? Like every 30 minutes, instead of every 15 minutes?
    11-01-2015 04:48 PM
    So I disabled the EXCHANGE service and what do you know. The batter life is bloody amazing. I can still get gmail, just not hotmail. At this point, either another app(possibly msn/hotmail). What a gong show, I hope they can fix this in the next update, as it was working fine before M.

thanks for the help guys.
    11-02-2015 04:14 PM
    Were you using the Gmail app to view your Hotmail account, or some other email app?

You could consider importing your Hotmail directly into your Gmail account. On your Gmail settings in the full Gmail site on your computer, follow these steps: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/164640?hl=en. This is what I do with my junk Yahoo account.
    11-02-2015 06:22 PM
    yup, i was using the gmail up to view my hotmail.
    Before the M update i never had this battery issue(at least not that i noticed)

ok thanks for the link.. will take a look at it. looked at the link and i'm not wanting to switch from hotmail to gmail etc(unless i reading that link wrong). Just want to be able to run different emails on device.

I suppose a 3rd party email app? Or wait till this *issue gets resolved?

yah the battery life is awesome btw

and the msn app is **** apparently
    11-03-2015 01:24 AM
    The link is for importing your Hotmail into Gmail, so that you still keep the Hotmail account, but the incoming mail gets imported into Gmail. I'm not sure how easy it is to send out emails using anything besides your Gmail address, though.

AquaMail and MailDroid are very popular email clients. And believe it or not, AOL (yes, that AOL) just came out with an email client that doesn't look half bad: Alto
    11-03-2015 01:53 AM
    Ok cool, thank! I will take a look at those. Hopefully this issue gets resolved with next update.

You guys been lot of help.

lol@aol they still going strong, cant put em down
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-03-2015 11:52 AM
    Does your N5 not have the Battery Optimizations menu/settings? On my 6P, you can set apps to optimize battery or not. If you choose to optimize battery, the app won't sync when the phone goes into Doze. By default, EVERYTHING is "optimized" with the exception of 2 Google services.
    11-04-2015 11:37 AM
    It does have it, however, i dont think it did anything when i had the EXCHANGE running. Now that i took it off, it runs much better. However, I dont know how to put it back on to do some more testing. lol I force stopped it and its gone, it no longer displays it in the APPS or BATTERy menu. THe hell??!! heh

I was gonna throw it back on to do some more tests.

I suppose if i use google mail and +account thats not google, will that be the same thing as what that EXCHANGE did, anyone can chime in.

11-04-2015 05:03 PM
    Don't know how to get what back on? If you enabled battery optimization for Exchange, go back to battery, tap the menu and select battery optimization, tap "not optimized" and select all apps, locate Exchange Services and turn off optimization.
    11-04-2015 05:25 PM
    I went in there again as you suggested and EXCHANGE is not there any more. I'm certain that i didnt del/remove it. I just force stopped it. Strange

Also, do i need EXCHANGE in order for the emails to work better in gmail app? It seems i have my hotmails added to the gmail app.
    11-04-2015 05:33 PM
    You disabled Exchange, which is why it's not showing up.

I think Exchange is only necessary for email accounts that use an Exchange Server (e.g., ones on your computer that require the Outlook program). For IMAP or POP3 email accounts (like Hotmail), I don't think you need Exchange. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong. )
    11-04-2015 06:57 PM
    HOtmail through gmail seems to work.. its a little slow, but works. And battery still good. I shut of email notification/syn for that account.

I suppose if i need exchange back, do i just re-dload it from the app store?

thanks for help
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-05-2015 01:24 PM
    If you disabled it (not sure you can uninstall it), just go to Apps in Settings, swipe from right to left to find the disabled apps then locate Exchange and re-enable it.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-05-2015 01:33 PM