Hi Everyone,

I've got the update of android 6.0 and got the option of "adopting memory card". After that phone and card was working fine; yesterday when i did factory reset my sd card is in detecting either in my phone or in the PC.

Kindly help me in recovering the data.

Getting the error, "Unsupported SD card" in micromax andriod one Marshmallow.
    11-11-2015 12:55 AM
    If it's a SanDisk card, try SanDisk microSD Tech Support - live chat in the upper right corner.

If not, try PhotoRec (running on the computer with the card in the computer) - instructions at PhotoRec Step By Step.

Then again, the card could just be shot. (SanDisk replacement is simple - go to SanDisk Online RMA Request. For any other card, contact the store or the manufacturer.)

In the future don't depend on a single place for data. Keep a copy of anything important on your computer and another copy on at least one cloud account. (The odds of the card, your computer and 2 cloud accounts going bad at the same time is ... I think 'astronomical' is too small a word.)
    Laura Knotek and Gagan B like this.
    11-11-2015 01:04 AM
    Hi it is samsung sd card..
    11-11-2015 01:29 AM
    And yes SD card can be accessible only after the format it seems.
    11-11-2015 01:41 AM
    Surprising - the card should come formatted as FAT32 for cards up to 32GB and exFAT for larger ones.

Run SD Insight and check the card. Even if it says Samsung, look at te manufacture date. We didn't have that technology in 1970. (If it's a counterfeit card, the counterfeiters sometimes leave the manufacture date at 0, which is the Unix timestamp for 1/1/1970 at midnight. It's a dead giveaway that you have a counterfeit card, and it might not even be as large as it claims it is. [It can be a 2GB card and show in the phone as 32GB (there's a whole computer on that card, including firmware that tells it what to say if the phone asks how large it is - which can be reprogrammed by counterfeiters), but when you've put 2GB of files on it and try to add one, the card seems to go bad, and you have to format it again.])
    Gagan B likes this.
    11-11-2015 04:14 PM
    Hi Rukbat,

Mine is s Samsung Evo+ 64GB sd card and I use it on my LG G4 H818N. The date in it shows 01/01/1970. File system is exFAT as it was.

The problem I face is that when I connect the phone through data cable to PC and transfer files, all files are gone after disconnection. But when I remove card and connect to the adapter, copy files & put it back on mobile, no issues.

SD Insight authenticates Samsung manufactured card with 64 gigs when scanned through it. I have not formatted the card yet.

How can I change the 01/01/1970 date in it?

What could probably be wrong and Is there a way this card could be recovered to use it as normal?

Am asking you as this reply of yours is very close to the problem I face and thanks in advance.
    08-11-2016 11:01 PM
    I have a suspicion that the encryption keys were destroyed when the phone was factory reset. This is something that isn't mentioned in the adopted storage guide, it just says that the sd card will only work in this device, when they really mean will only work with that installation of the android system. When I did my factory reset I kept seeing messages saying "your SD card won't be touched" despite this being true, the encryption keys were deleted, therefore all the data on the SD card is effectively rubbish. I do hope there is a way to get the keys back but I have a feeling that it's not possible.

We just have to understand that when using adoptable storage that the SD card is no longer a separate from the system, so performing any sort of system reset will kill access to the SD card.
    09-19-2016 08:31 PM
    I've discovered that the keys are stored in /data/misc/vold/ since this was erased during a factory reset, access to the sdcard is lost. Just remember to back up /data/misc/vold before factory resetting if you want to retain access to your adopted SDcard. Apparently you can mount the SD card under linux by copying these keys.
    09-20-2016 02:26 AM