Hey, I had some questions if anyone would be so kind as to help? After the release of Lollipop, I decided I hated it and I downgraded to trusty old 4.4. There are 3 major things I haven't been able to discover if they changed in 6.0, so could someone tell me if they have?

First was the dual lock screen. Click to turn on, then swipe to get to unlock screen. Has that changed?

Second was the lack of notification icons on the lock screen. I usually have a purple bubble in the corner when I have a text, locked or not. 5 didn't have this.

The BIGGEST reason I downgraded was because KitKat seemed to have this feature where they turned my data on just long enough to send/receive an MMS, then turned it off again. Lollipop never knew what to do if I tried to send a picture. If this one hasn't changed I'm staying with my 4.4
    11-18-2015 02:06 PM
    I believe the "double unlock" was/is a result of Ambient Display and the lock-screen notifications. I believe the lack of icons on the status bar is for a similar reason, if they're on the main part of the screen, no need to display them in the notification area.

I'm not sure about the data/MMS/SMS item you mention but it kind of makes sense. An MMS would need to transmit over your data connection, it's typically going to want to use cellular data (as that's what SMS/MMS "knows"), so if you're on WiFi, it may hop to cellular data long enough to send the message then go back to WiFi. For what it's worth, I've had no trouble RECEIVING MMS while on WiFi, I haven't tried sending.
    11-18-2015 03:13 PM
    Do you know if there's a way to get rid of this feature? I want to be able to click the screen on and see that I have a message.

The unknown feature I mentioned wasn't dependant on wi fi in any way, I could be out shopping and have my wi fi off, take a picture and send it to my mother, the data turning on just long enough to transmit. When I tried lollipop, I had to do it manually. Real waste of time for big picture senders
    11-19-2015 01:55 AM
    Very good.
    11-19-2015 02:54 AM
    Are you turning off your data? If your data is always on, I don't see why the phone would need to "turn data on" to send a picture, it should already be on and available (provided there's signal).
    11-19-2015 06:47 AM