Fingerprints in Marshmallow

RattleSnake506

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello all. I have a quick question about fingerprints in Marshmallow. Does anyone know if they are stored only on the device and are encrypted like in iOS or are they stored somewhere else like in Google servers. How safe are they if they are stored in the cloud. I didn't get much information on this how much ever I tried. I hope someone can help me with this. Planning to buy a Nexus 6P but would like to get info about this first. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Keml

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
I would like to share an experience with my Galaxy S6 after updating to 6.0 Marshmallow over OTA. Before, with Lollipop, I have used only swipe lock screen, although I have had my fingerprints configured properly (I did not now what fingerprints backup password was). After the update, I wanted to change the lock screen from Swipe to None. I could not be able to do it, because my phone was asking for my fingerprint or backup password. Any of my fingerprints did not work.
So after looking on this forum I have found a post from "njdan30", where he suggests: "go to google.com/android/devicemanager and sign in send signal to lock device with your password of choice and then your phone will ask u for that password then your in".
So I locked my device remotely through AndrDevMan and then my phone was locked by PIN. Then I was able to go in the lockscreen settings and also in the fingerprints menu again using just the PIN I did set in ADM.
From this point you can set up whatever security method you prefer. Hope, this post will help to someone. Cheers!

Last edited:

AgentBluewood

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Try this website a nexus website. I am pretty sure that one has good information.
I am not entirely sure myself but I have heard that these are good sites

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers