Hello all. I have a quick question about fingerprints in Marshmallow. Does anyone know if they are stored only on the device and are encrypted like in iOS or are they stored somewhere else like in Google servers. How safe are they if they are stored in the cloud. I didn't get much information on this how much ever I tried. I hope someone can help me with this. Planning to buy a Nexus 6P but would like to get info about this first. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    11-19-2015 10:03 PM
    According to Google site at https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6285273?hl=en, "Your fingerprint data is stored securely and never leaves your device. Your data is not shared with Google or any apps on your device.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-20-2015 06:56 AM
    Additional info at https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6300638

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-20-2015 06:59 AM
    Thank you for your reply.
    11-20-2015 06:44 PM
    I would like to share an experience with my Galaxy S6 after updating to 6.0 Marshmallow over OTA. Before, with Lollipop, I have used only swipe lock screen, although I have had my fingerprints configured properly (I did not now what fingerprints backup password was). After the update, I wanted to change the lock screen from Swipe to None. I could not be able to do it, because my phone was asking for my fingerprint or backup password. Any of my fingerprints did not work.
    So after looking on this forum I have found a post from "njdan30", where he suggests: "go to google.com/android/devicemanager and sign in send signal to lock device with your password of choice and then your phone will ask u for that password then your in".
    So I locked my device remotely through AndrDevMan and then my phone was locked by PIN. Then I was able to go in the lockscreen settings and also in the fingerprints menu again using just the PIN I did set in ADM.
    From this point you can set up whatever security method you prefer. Hope, this post will help to someone. Cheers!
    03-19-2016 07:59 AM
    Try this website a nexus website. I am pretty sure that one has good information.
    I am not entirely sure myself but I have heard that these are good sites
    03-22-2016 03:24 PM