Material Design

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, does anyone have any idea when Android is going to see its next design language? Material Design has been cool, but I'm missing how Android used to be so different. I'm curious to see what happens next and when.

Posted via the Android Central App

mportuesisf

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I kind of wish Google would commit to something for a while. They banged the drums to get developers to support Holo, and once everyone finally got on board Google hit the reset button and came out with Material. Both my phone and tablet are on Marshallow, but a lot of apps are still Holo-based --including the Android Central app I'm using to type this message. Please, just give me a stable user experience that includes the app ecosystem.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I like a lot of what material design brings. But most of the implementations look pretty bad. What most devs (and even Google) don't get is that my screen shouldn't be 85% white space.

Zuger_Volimte

Oct 26, 2013
plus.google.com
I like a lot of what material design brings. But most of the implementations look pretty bad. What most devs (and even Google) don't get is that my screen shouldn't be 85% white space.
Hmmmm...you may be right in your opinion it shouldnt be white but what I realise is, that white seem friendlier or more usable than black or dark colours. Even when all should be black at night and it uses less batttery surely

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair