Hey guys, does anyone have any idea when Android is going to see its next design language? Material Design has been cool, but I'm missing how Android used to be so different. I'm curious to see what happens next and when.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-23-2015 12:55 AM
    It's amazing when the nostalgia for the good ole days runs right into the adolescent need to be different.
    11-23-2015 06:54 AM
    I think Material Design still has a lot of exploring so I would say at least another couple of years
    11-24-2015 11:11 AM
    I kind of wish Google would commit to something for a while. They banged the drums to get developers to support Holo, and once everyone finally got on board Google hit the reset button and came out with Material. Both my phone and tablet are on Marshallow, but a lot of apps are still Holo-based --including the Android Central app I'm using to type this message. Please, just give me a stable user experience that includes the app ecosystem.
    11-26-2015 02:27 AM
    Holo seems more Android than MD

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-27-2015 12:56 AM
    I like a lot of what material design brings. But most of the implementations look pretty bad. What most devs (and even Google) don't get is that my screen shouldn't be 85% white space.
    11-27-2015 05:19 PM
    I think material design is the perfect evolution of Android and has only scratch the surface of possibilities..
    11-28-2015 08:41 AM
    I like a lot of what material design brings. But most of the implementations look pretty bad. What most devs (and even Google) don't get is that my screen shouldn't be 85% white space.
    Hmmmm...you may be right in your opinion it shouldnt be white but what I realise is, that white seem friendlier or more usable than black or dark colours. Even when all should be black at night and it uses less batttery surely
    12-02-2015 07:37 AM
    I'd be happy if they just finally implemented a dark theme for Material Design.
    Aquila likes this.
    12-02-2015 01:52 PM
    I'd be happy if they just finally implemented a dark theme for Material Design.
    I agree with this, on AMOLED displays it kinda detracts from the advances they had made. Plus, dark mode is easier on the eyes at night.
    UJ95x likes this.
    12-02-2015 06:13 PM