HELP!!!! Phone updated this morning and I have lost everything

flip2269

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
My phone did automatic update this morning and shut itself down and when it came back on all of my information has been erased including my SD card and I have lost everything what do i do and can it be recovered I have an HTC One m8 even all of my files in my ES File Explorer and file manager are no longer there and it shows no backups and I had years of information on this phone but I do not have Wi-Fi right now at home and I cannot hook my phone up to my computer I want to go to my dashboard I'm not seeing anything there either other than just a few items and I had a lot more than that

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
You can log into your Google account and restore your apps, contacts, bookmarks, anything you told Google to auto back up. It's likely that didn't include pictures, texts, music, etc. If you've been making regular backups at home you'll be able to restore those at home - if not... well now you know how important it is to back up regularly. Don't feel bad, it usually takes something like this to get people to back up regularly. It's always "I'll do it later" until it happens to you.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I think you have to be connected to WiFi to get a restore done. You may have to do a full reset of the phone, and then when it boots up, and asks you for your Google account, it should ask you if you want to restore a phone from the most recent backup. It won't restore your files in ES Explorer, but it will restore your apps and some settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes