Edit: Solved. Texpand Pro app was the culprit, when it is turned on in Android Accessibility settings. I'll notify the developer.

On my girlfriend's Nexus 5X, if she adjusts the media volume, the slider disappears from the screen after 2 seconds. This stops it obscuring videos etc.

On my Nexus 6P it also used to disappear after 2 seconds.

For some reason I can't work out, for the past 2 weeks it now stays on screen for about 30 seconds, ruining all videos.

I can't figure out why this is. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

The problem did not occur in safe mode.

Furthermore, when rebooting into normal mode, the problem did not recur for about 5 minutes, after playing with dozens of apps. The app that the problem recurred during was Twitter, though I doubt Twitter itself is able to change system protected functions like the Android 6 volume slider. Uninstalling Twitter then rebooting didn't fix it.

I've uninstalled several apps installed recently, but the problem recurs immediately on every reboot, except after safe mode.

It's not ideal for me to uninstall every app installed or updated in the past 2 weeks as I'd essentially have nothing of use left on my phone.

Surely it's not possible for apps to change system protected functions like volume slider?
    12-02-2015 04:45 PM