Just got a Nexus 9 and it updated to Marshmallow. I want to add a Chrome bookmark to my home screen. I can't do it via the three dots in the Chrome browser because the page has an important search function that times out. I have a bookmark in Chrome on my desktop with the proper settings so I figured I would use the bookmark widget since my bookmarks are synced on my N9, and accessible when I am using Chrome on my N9 (the only browser on my N9). When I drag the widget to my home screen it goes to "Bookmarks" but it is a blank screen with no further options. Any thoughts? I know I can do this because I did it on my Galaxy Tab Note 10.1 about three years ago and on my Droid Turbo 2 a little over a year ago, though neither were running Marshmallow..
    12-06-2015 04:52 PM
    I just tried it on my Nexus 5 running Marshmallow, and I also found that using the Bookmark widget doesn't work right. I'll send feedback to Google, and I encourage you to as well--open Chrome, tap Menu>Help & Feedback.

When you say you can't do it via the three dots, do you mean the Add to Homescreen function?
    12-07-2015 03:31 PM
    Correct. To clarify, I can use the "add to home screen" feature and it will put a bookmark on my home screen. However, this particular website has a very important search function which times out after ten minutes. So the next time I tap the bookmark on my home screen I get an error that the search has timed out. If there was a way to edit the url associated with the bookmark then I could do it that way, but there is no edit feature.
    12-07-2015 03:48 PM