so i tried to update my htc m8 to android marshmallow but when i installed the update the phone wouldn't start anymore!... when i turn it on it just gives an image of red triangle with exclamation mark and then it turns itself off and on again and shows the red triangle and it keeps doing this over and over ....i tried clearing cache partition and do factory reset and tried recovery more and none of this worked,and my pc is not recognizing my phone because of that error... any advice would be appreciated...thanksWhy did the Marshmallow update ruin my HTC M8? And how to fix it?-img_0068.jpg
    01-22-2016 06:20 PM
    i have the same problem .. can someone help us?
    01-24-2016 07:50 AM
    That's not a technical issue, it's a liability issue. Contact your carrier and tell them, in a more polite way, "you broke it, you own it". I had to do that with AT&T, and the first choice they offered me was a replacement phone (a refurb, of course - the phone was out of warranty already). I have no idea what the second choice was, because I accepted the first one. (Since I always have everything backed up, all it did was waste some of my time restoring backups.)
    01-24-2016 10:59 AM
    That's not a technical issue, it's a liability issue. Contact your carrier and tell them, in a more polite way, "you broke it, you own it". I had to do that with AT&T, and the first choice they offered me was a replacement phone (a refurb, of course - the phone was out of warranty already). I have no idea what the second choice was, because I accepted the first one. (Since I always have everything backed up, all it did was waste some of my time restoring backups.)
    Thansk for the answer..... Sorry im new to this experience so i dont know what carrier means is it the net work im with? I bought this phone unlocked from ebay and i was downloading the update from wifi so is it still something to do with the net work?....thanks
    01-24-2016 02:59 PM
    i have the same problem .. can someone help us?
    Sorry for this mate.... Im taking it to the shope God willing they said they can fix it only for 10£ but i already had to buy a new phone I can't live long without a phone lol
    01-25-2016 06:03 PM
    Yes carrier = Network provider
    mohamad abbas1 likes this.
    01-27-2016 10:52 AM
    hi man i found the solution...just go to this site and download the software and follow the instructions there
    w htc com/us/support/htc-one-m8/news/

sorry i had to write the link seperated cos the site wont let me send it cos i have no enough points just add the ww and dots...my phone is very fast now..good luck
    02-15-2016 12:45 PM
    hi man i found the solution...just go to this site and download the software and follow the instructions there
    w htc com/us/support/htc-one-m8/news/

sorry i had to write the link seperated cos the site wont let me send it cos i have no enough points just add the ww and dots...my phone is very fast now!! ..good luck
    02-15-2016 12:47 PM