I'm not sure if I'm able to do this with the original operating system and Contacts app, or if I'll need a special app.

I'd like to be able to select one recipient from my contact list - but to get to that person, I'd like to select them from within a certain group.

-- Select Cody from the group "Co-workers"
    -- Select Ashley from the group "North prospects"
    -- Select Paul from the group "Family"

What I don't really want to do is have to start to type each of their individual names to do the search. I'd rather go to the group and quickly scroll through those people in that list. This is also because there are time when I just want to see the list of people in that group so that I can see who exactly is in the group called "South prospects" or "Out of town possibilities," for example.

I'd prefer if I were able to get my Gmail groups to sync up with some contact application. I'm really surprised that this is not already part of the Contacts application. There are so many users out there with more contacts than I have.

I see on the forums that there are others who want to be able to send emails to a group or send sms messages to a group. Although that would be nice - it's not really what I need. I just need the ability to SEE the groups on my phone.

Thank-you so much for any help!
    02-13-2016 07:01 AM