Hello
    I updated yesterday my GS6 on Marshmallow and i have a question for all those who are using MM on their devices( no matter if Samsung or not), i noticed that when i open a link in an app(no matter what app) the prompt doesn't have 'JUST ONCE' or 'ALWAYS'(like on Lollipop), it makes as the default browser the first one i choose. On Lollipop i chose 'JUST ONCE' all the time and it was useful because when i wanted to open a link for ex. in Facebook, i opened with Flynx, links in Feedly with Chrome etc., now, if i open a link with Flynx(or Chrome,Firefox etc.) it opens all future links with the same app, without prompting me like in Lollipop. If i want to open the same link with another browser i have to clear the defaults of the first app i have chosen.
    I've set the browser to none in the defaults apps,with the hope that it will prompt me like on LP, but it propmts me like in the second screenshot i attached, after selecting a browser, it's like having a single browser LOL, is this Google's implementation or Samsung's? i've found an article on android police that describes exactly the issue i have
    PSA: Default Apps For Browser, Phone, SMS, And Assist Action Have Their Own Setting In Marshmallow, And It's Why Your Defaults Are Misbehaving
    but it was for MM Beta and i thought this issue was resolved. Is this behaviour present on any of your devices that runs MM?
    Here are the differences between Lollipop(first) and MM(second) the third screenshot is with all browsers defaults cleared, but if i open a link with any browser, it auto-defaults as the default browser( in this case,Fynx, 4-th screenshot)

Q - Browser - opening links on Marshmallow-img_561da30e00570.png
    Q - Browser - opening links on Marshmallow-screenshot_20160225-181357-picsay.jpg
    Q - Browser - opening links on Marshmallow-screenshot_20160225-181105.jpg
    Q - Browser - opening links on Marshmallow-screenshot_20160225-191049.jpg
    02-25-2016 11:15 AM
    My Note 4 just updated to MM (6.01) and I am having the same difficulty. I have different browsers for different reasons and not being able to select on the fly is an issue for me. Especially since I have one browser set up more securely.
    03-25-2016 11:50 AM
    My Note 4 just updated to MM (6.01) and I am having the same difficulty. I have different browsers for different reasons and not being able to select on the fly is an issue for me. Especially since I have one browser set up more securely.
    meantime i found an app in the Play Store that does just that, it's called "Better open with"
    03-25-2016 01:50 PM
    I have the same problem!
    One browser is a memory hog and another won't open the secondary windows in my banking site and yet another is the one I keep logged in to my commenting account in Facebook so I don't plaster my real name all over.... whatever developer decided they know best needs their head examined.
    What on earth is so hard about saying "once" or "always" the first time you click a link???? It's always a usability FAIL when programmers try to read users' minds and lock down the user interface.
    Now, instead of CHOOSING to always designate which browser to open, I forget and click and go dangit! did it again! #*!mphmph grr programmers grrr #@! and then have to go to settings and application manager and try to remember what I clicked and scroll around and find the right one and open it and scroll down and clear defaults.
    Fail fail fail fail fail Argh!
    (this developer stupidity annoys me quite a bit in case it wasn't obvious)

Thank you very very much to the person who mentioned Better Open With!
    04-03-2016 05:41 PM