I have a Moto X Play with only 16 gb storage running marshmallow and a 32 gb SD card. I would like all my data to be encrypted incase my phone is lost or gets stolen.

I tried to format the SD card as internal storage (adoptable) so that the SD card is encryped as well, but it seems not all apps allow me to use the adoptable storage (for example google play music and I want to sync more then 10gb of music). So this is not an option for me.

When I format the SD card as portable storage, I can't find an option to encryped the SD card. In previous versions of android there used to be an "encrypt SD card" option.

Is it possible to encrypt an SD card formatted as portable storage in Marshmallow and how would I do that?
    03-19-2016 05:24 AM
    I have a Moto X Play with only 16 gb storage running marshmallow and a 32 gb SD card. I would like all my data to be encrypted incase my phone is lost or gets stolen.

I tried to format the SD card as internal storage (adoptable) so that the SD card is encryped as well, but it seems not all apps allow me to use the adoptable storage (for example google play music and I want to sync more then 10gb of music). So this is not an option for me.

When I format the SD card as portable storage, I can't find an option to encryped the SD card. In previous versions of android there used to be an "encrypt SD card" option.

Is it possible to encrypt an SD card formatted as portable storage in Marshmallow and how would I do that?
    Yes, settings->security->encrypt phone

I suggest you install all apps on the main memory if you can. Faster and more reliable. Use the SD for data. This will cause the least amount of problems - but you gotta do what you gotta do
    03-24-2016 11:50 AM
    I allready encryped my phone, and I use the SD card for data (music, photo's, video's etc.). I would like to encryped the data on the SD card as well. Older versions of android had both an encrypt phone and an encrypt SD card option in the security settings.
    03-24-2016 01:29 PM
    I allready encryped my phone, and I use the SD card for data (music, photo's, video's etc.). I would like to encryped the data on the SD card as well. Older versions of android had both an encrypt phone and an encrypt SD card option in the security settings.
    Posted via the Android Central App
    03-31-2016 11:19 PM