Gmail is not Synchronizing automatically on Android 6- Marshmallow, what is going on?

bharatagal

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Gmail is not Syncronizing automatically on Android 6- Marshmallow

Hi,

My Phone (Samsung S6 edge+) recently got updated to Android 6- Marshmallow and since then Gmail has stopped syncing automatically on my phone .

I have to open the app and swipe down to sync the latest changes/ to receive new mails.

I checked the account settings in the gmail app and it is set to sync mail.

Please advise

Regards,
Bharat
(email address removed by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Gmail is not Syncronizing automatically on Android 6- Marshmallow

Please do not post your email address on this public forum.

Ingo Thomas

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site

Had the same problem after upgrading to Marshmallow with my work e-mail (Exchange server to stock e-mail client). The problem was not in the application settings, but in the energy saving mode settings.
I always have energy savings mode on, restricting data access to selected applications, no matter what that app settings are. Kept flipping synchronization settings, nothing changed. Turns out, it was automatically update-applied battery saving options, restricting background data.

Solution:
Settings >> Battery(!) >> More >> Optimize Battery Usage >> All Apps >> Turn off e-mail clients (or whatever app needs permanent data flow)

Hope this helps, it's a curve ball. It's not a data or synchronization setting.

gwynn06430

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site

Had the same problem after upgrading to Marshmallow with my work e-mail (Exchange server to stock e-mail client). The problem was not in the application settings, but in the energy saving mode settings.
I always have energy savings mode on, restricting data access to selected applications, no matter what that app settings are. Kept flipping synchronization settings, nothing changed. Turns out, it was automatically update-applied battery saving options, restricting background data.

Solution:
Settings >> Battery(!) >> More >> Optimize Battery Usage >> All Apps >> Turn off e-mail clients (or whatever app needs permanent data flow)

Hope this helps, it's a curve ball. It's not a data or synchronization setting.

BRILLIANT! I tried everything. Checked all my settings, removed accounts, added accounts, nothing worked. THANK YOU! I use my phone so much and need to keep it in power saving mode almost all the time. And I was missing very important emails because of this change... and now it's fixed!

THANK YOU!!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma