Hi all! I recently updated my phone to Android 6.0 and heard of this function call Doze Mode. Hence I have concern about the effect of Doze Mode will affect apps that is crucial for me such as Skype for Business.

What I read from Developers Android, it state that Doze Mode will only kick in when your phone is left idle for sometime. Yet it does not state how long will Doze Mode kicks in. So I gave myself a test for leaving my phone for an hour and found out that I can no longer receive VoIP call from Skype, which is important.

I have learnt about Setting Notification as Priority or White-listing it from the App Optimization will do away the Doze Mode. But I couldn't get the replicate the experiment. I will get call sometime and sometime not. So I would like to seek advice from experts here on dealing with the Doze Mode for my VoIP app.
    03-26-2016 11:06 AM
    Check the OS requirements on your Skype app. If the same app works for Android 5 and 6, then you probably will have problems with Doze until a version of the app specifically addresses those issues, which will require an Android 6 app that does not work on Android 5.
    03-26-2016 04:39 PM
    Well it only state "To run the latest version of Skype for Android (Skype 6.2 and higher), you'll need to have Android OS version 4.0.3 or above. If you're running Android OS 2.3 and above, you can run Skype 4 for Android."

Given the fact, I don't think they are ready for Marshmallow... Does it really have to be special for MM. Isn't there is a workaround for it?
    03-27-2016 06:13 AM
    In your settings, go to Battery->Battery optimization, show all apps, and set Skype to "Not optimized".
    03-27-2016 02:59 PM