App Selections Options

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
In Lollipop when I let's say wanted to play a .mp3 file I was able to have choices for which app I chose to use. I would select the app and "one time" and all was well. It seems in Marshmellow when I select the app the first time it becomes the default. Is it operator error or what can I do to get what I had on Lollipop?

Posted via the Android Central App

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
When the Note 5 came out (on LP), Samsung changed the default app selection to what you're seeing now. Basically, they got rid of the "just once" option. Perhaps they got rid of it for all phones now on MM and are causing people to delete the choice in Default Applications before enabling a new selection. Very lame if that's what they've done!

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Looks like it is exactly what they did. On the plus side it is this and the new icons that are the only issues I currently have with Marshmellow so far.

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Looks like it is exactly what they did. On the plus side it is this and the new icons that are the only issues I currently have with Marshmellow so far.

What I usually do is if I don't want it to open there anywhere I clear the defaults using the "Apps" manager of the program I know handles it and it usually asks me again what App i want to open it with and "open by default" again

Attachments

• 1460362426656.jpg
    1460362426656.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 6

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund