Sorry if I sound entitled or anything, just this is starting to bug me. There will *never* be a point in time that I will want Google to automatically fetch news for me. I disabled those cards, as I just want traffic/weather reports, and things that *I* ask it to search for. Now, I'm getting "News" spamming my GNow pane on my two Marshmallow devices. I can't find the setting to get rid of it. I've been submitting feedback, but still nothing. Can anyone point me to where this setting is?

tldr, I *just* want Weather/Traffic in GNow, but it's giving me other stuff.

Edit: I think I figured it out. Either Google is *incredibly* stupid, or intentionally deceptive. It says I need Web History *on* to turn this off. If I then turn it back off, the "News" shows back up. I'm hoping this is a bug... Otherwise, not sure what happened to "Don't be evil".
    04-02-2016 07:11 AM
    There should be a "Customize Google Now" option somewhere in the hamburger menu. Otherwise, you can tap on the three dots and choose "I never want updates" or something along those lines.
    04-02-2016 07:41 AM
    I've been doing the three dots things all along, and there isn't an option there. I don't see the option in "Customize Google Now" either.

Edit: See my original comment.
    04-02-2016 07:47 AM
    I've been doing the three dots things all along, and there isn't an option there. I don't see the option in "Customize Google Now" either.

Edit: See my original comment.
    Can you see what is described here? https://support.google.com/websearch...DAndroid&hl=en
    04-02-2016 08:06 AM
    There should be an option when you press on the 3 dots of cards or you can swipe left and press on Customize.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Can't hide things in GoogleNow-81768.jpg  
    dlalonde likes this.
    04-02-2016 09:39 AM
    3dots

Attached Thumbnails Can't hide things in GoogleNow-81767.jpg  
    dlalonde likes this.
    04-02-2016 09:40 AM
    3dots

RIght. I just get "Done with this card/Customize/Send feedback". I knew exactly what you meant with the three dots. My point, is I *only* see what you see if I unintuitively, and non-privacy consiously turn "Web history tracking" on. With that off in "Google Settings" or whatever it is now, I only see the three I mentioned, and I can't kill the "News" forever and all time. I can only swipe away. Try it yourself if you have a test device, but I've repilcated this on a Nexus 5 stock (not even rooted), and a CM13 phone.
    04-02-2016 11:59 AM
    Can you see what is described here? https://support.google.com/websearch...DAndroid&hl=en
    Exactly. My issue is, why do I have to "Turn on Web & App Activity" to tell them *NOT* to show me something. I get "Oh, that's how it'll sync across devices", but let me choose if I care about that, or am ok with "just let me tell you what I want to see". Last I checked, I paid for the phone, not Google, so I don't get why they must've intentionally said "We need Web & App Activity on before they can tell us they don't want to see something"...
    04-02-2016 12:04 PM