I have a S6 Edge and prior to Marshmallow I was able to choose between thread/conversation view or just all the emails in one long list, the has now gone which is a real pain as my work emails involve huge discussions between a great many people! Does anybody else have this issue? I've googled it and all I get is regarding how to disable this on the Gmail app. My stock email is used for my work email which is a MS Exchange using ActiSync. If anybody uses a different email app that has the thread view, then I would appreciate your thoughts on which email app is best for you.
    04-06-2016 06:28 AM
    This is not exactly what you asked, but for a great Exchange/ActiveSync mail app give Nine a try: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...inefolders.hd3

And, yes, it does conversation view.
    04-06-2016 07:42 AM
    I have a S6 Edge and prior to Marshmallow I was able to choose between thread/conversation view or just all the emails in one long list, the has now gone which is a real pain as my work emails involve huge discussions between a great many people! Does anybody else have this issue? I've googled it and all I get is regarding how to disable this on the Gmail app. My stock email is used for my work email which is a MS Exchange using ActiSync. If anybody uses a different email app that has the thread view, then I would appreciate your thoughts on which email app is best for you.
    Try out this one, check out the screenshot, Blue Mail In my opinion is one of the best email app.
    tube517 and davidwilling like this.
    04-06-2016 12:13 PM
    Aquamail is a great email app. They just added conversation view.

The developer is very responsive and updates frequently.
    TechnologyTwitt likes this.
    04-06-2016 12:27 PM
    Have been using Blue Mail for a week now and it seems to pretty perfect, so thank you very much emilioaponte!!
    04-20-2016 06:31 AM
    Have been using Blue Mail for a week now and it seems to pretty perfect, so thank you very much emilioaponte!!
    Anyone knows if there is a fix for the stock email app?
    05-13-2016 01:24 PM
    Do you have the 'thread' button on the bottom-right? This shows a conversation-style email thread. Not sure if thats what you're looking for, but I think thats the closest to a 'thread' style you can get with the stock email app.
    Attached Thumbnails Stock e-mail app Thread/Coversation view gone?-4865.jpg  
    05-27-2016 05:55 PM
    Aquamail is a great email app. They just added conversation view.

The developer is very responsive and updates frequently.
    I 2nd that, it's a very feature rich, stable email app that has great support & updates.

_-Technologytwitt-_
    tube517 likes this.
    05-28-2016 11:11 AM
    I had the same problem and I just figure out this solution for S7 but it's the same in my S6.

On Galaxy S7 Email, I cannot search for conversation view option. Doesn't Galaxy S7 support the conversation view mode for email lists?

It happens that you see a 'thread' option when you already open an email that has conversations associated and then you chosse that option it open the full messages in conversation.

Try it.
    07-06-2016 07:56 AM
    I have a more interesting issue. I see the thread button with a count, but when I tap it, nothing ever happens! All the other buttons on the bottom row work - reply, forward, delete. My swipes work both left and right (be nice if I could switch those in options though). Seems like everything is normal except that Thread button just won't click - tried in portrait and landscape so it's not like that corner of the touchscreen is dead.

I've rebooted a bunch of times, but I'm not really looking forward to wiping the phone. My email app likely has a bug in it or is misconfigured (or both). I have not found anyone else reporting this issue on the web, but then again searching for the word "thread" is a real issue with forums using that word plentifully.
    My stock email is version 3.3.17 on a Samsung Galaxy S6 Active. In the application manager I don't have any options to clear cache for that app.
    07-11-2016 11:32 AM
    I have a more interesting issue. I see the thread button with a count, but when I tap it, nothing ever happens! All the other buttons on the bottom row work - reply, forward, delete. My swipes work both left and right (be nice if I could switch those in options though). Seems like everything is normal except that Thread button just won't click - tried in portrait and landscape so it's not like that corner of the touchscreen is dead.

I've rebooted a bunch of times, but I'm not really looking forward to wiping the phone. My email app likely has a bug in it or is misconfigured (or both). I have not found anyone else reporting this issue on the web, but then again searching for the word "thread" is a real issue with forums using that word plentifully.
    My stock email is version 3.3.17 on a Samsung Galaxy S6 Active. In the application manager I don't have any options to clear cache for that app.
    I have the same issue. Thread button not working.
    Email v. 3.3.17 - Galaxy S6 Edge
    Any suggestion?
    07-13-2016 10:42 PM
    I have the same issue. Thread button not working.
    Email v. 3.3.17 - Galaxy S6 Edge
    Any suggestion?
    Nothing yet, I've tried a couple other apps like Blue and Outlook, but I kinda like the stock app better - other than the malfunction.
    07-14-2016 01:14 AM
    Same issue for me. Thread button shows a number but nothing happens.

Any luck with fixing this??
    07-15-2016 05:36 PM
    I try this and it worked on mine.
    Go to Security -- other security setting - device administrator - turn off email
    This will erase all mail account.
    After that go to Applications -- Application manager -- Email -- Storage -- Clear both Data and Cache
    Open Email app again and set up account again. Thread button should work.
    07-22-2016 05:59 AM
    Many thanks!!!! That worked for me too!!!
    Thanks!!!!
    07-23-2016 01:58 AM
    I had the same issue on S6 and Galaxy Tab A I did a restore on my phone and that fixed it and thread button works again I like you am reluctant to do that on my tablet so still looking for an answer also
    07-31-2016 05:21 PM
    That worked for me also! Many thanks!!
    08-01-2016 07:03 AM
    Do you have the 'thread' button on the bottom-right? This shows a conversation-style email thread. Not sure if thats what you're looking for, but I think thats the closest to a 'thread' style you can get with the stock email app.
    What if I press the "thread" button and nothing happens? How do I get back to see all the emails in the thread?
    08-18-2016 08:51 PM