I've read somewhere here that deleting files from your SD card repeatedly can damage and or corrupt the SD. Is this true?

I'm no expert and kind of want to delete some things.

Pic somewhat related.
    Attached Thumbnails SD Card Question-280.jpg  
    04-09-2016 09:14 PM
    As I understand how cards work is like this, and I can very well be wrong: Cards have a finite number of read/write cycles. Let's say for easy numbers that's 100 cycles. You have a photo to delete. If you bring up the photo just to look at it, the card read it. To delete it, it did a write cycle. But here is the overall thing to keep in mind, you could not delete anything and still hit your number of cycles.

So, to answer your question, will it crash a card faster? I don't think so.
    04-09-2016 10:43 PM
    Oh, sooo anything I open from the SD card filewise (not appwise) will kill it eventually...hopefully the cycles are much longer. Infinitely longer! 😳
    04-09-2016 11:59 PM
    Oh, sooo anything I open from the SD card filewise (not appwise) will kill it eventually...hopefully the cycles are much longer. Infinitely longer! 😳
    No worries as long as you get a reputable brand of SD card it should last awhile I still have my 64GB microSD card that has lasted a couple of years from my Note 3 days and made it through the Note 4 and now rests happily in my camera as my LG-G4 has 200GB Adoptable storage microSD

Getting that 64GB card was awesome because I am always deleting/taking pictures and such and having alot of music and my base storage was filled with apps lol
    04-11-2016 02:38 AM
    Yes, you need to use branded SD card or anything because it will not get corrupt without any reason and if it will then it can be replaced or repaired easily. So, use good quality SD card on your smartphone.
    04-11-2016 09:19 AM