I'm a relatively new Android user, but not a computing n00b and have a real puzzler...

I got a notification for low space earlier... I have 32gb internal and same on SD card

So, i checked things out in ES File Explorer and everything looks as expected except a huge 22gb in 'others' section. Browsing the file system by size doesn't give me anything near that kind of size (biggest is Android folder at 1gb...) So where is all this space being taken up?

Can anyone help me with troubleshooting this?

05-07-2016 02:52 PM
    Others is your apps and their data. The apps and data are in an area readable only by the folder's owner and root - you won't see them if you're not rooted.

The only solution - as in a computer with a full hard drive - is to get rid of some things. Since all your apps are installed to internal storage (think of storage as your hard drive - it's not "memory", despite what you see all over - that's RAM), move all your pictures, music, etc., to your SD card. (You can move some apps successfully too, but they run slower and if your card goes bad you'd better have a backup of the app's apk file to reinstall it - AND you lose all the app's data.)
    05-07-2016 03:36 PM
    Pics / vids etc are all already on SD. As are all music apps storage (mostly Google)

Surely there must be a way to see which apps are using that space?

I found another app that seems (tho can't be certain) to indicate 6gb is used by "backup and restore" but going to those settings everything seems to be set to store to SD and online... I also cleared all backups to no effect...
    05-07-2016 03:42 PM