04-04-2018 01:27 PM
164 ... 34567
tools
    Thank you for sharing this information. As soon as I uninstalled Clean Master I was able to get into my apps that used location. I then installed the lite version and had no problems.
    Your advice on Clean Master worked like a charm..thank you very much!
    10-21-2016 12:41 PM
    Since I did this latest update I can't change permissions, upload pictures among some other things. Its causing me a lot of trouble. I keep getting a popup saying screen overlay detected and to turn it off. It takes you to the settings but no matter what I do nothing changes. Its all very vague. It's just a loop accomplishing nothing. If anyone knows of a fix please share. I've tried a few suggestions for nexus that I found but no success. LG g4, unfortunately lol
    I tried doing this but it still doesn't work. What do you think I should do?
    10-21-2016 02:29 PM
    Hi. In almost all my apps this weird screen overlay thing pops up, and it brings me to this loop of mess. I have an Samsung galaxy s7 phone. Cab you tell me how to get it off and why did you update this?

thanks!
    10-25-2016 06:03 AM
    I tried doing this but it still doesn't work. What do you think I should do?
    OK..I know how that pop up frustrates and I worked to see it gone here is my solution.
    The reason of the screen overlay pop up is because of a single app or more than one app. The solution is to find that app and switch off the 'draw over other apps' to that app, no need to uninstall that app.
    How to find that app?
    In most cases it will be the app working on the screen, like twilight, swipe, glove box e.t.c. To know for sure U can do this
    1. First disable the 'draw over other apps' feature for all third party apps.
    2. Check by changing the permission of any app and see whether the screen overlay pop-up is appearing.
    3. It won't appear for sure.
    4. Enable the 'draw over other apps 'to one top most third party app (so that we can work it out in a chronological order), check by changing the permission of any app and see whether screen overlay pop up is appearing.
    5. If yes, remember that app is one of the reason. And U need to off 'draw over other apps' to that app.if no, no worries.
    6. Next enable the second to the top app 'draw over other apps'and check by changing the permission of any app, whether the screen overlay pop up is appearing.
    7.repeat step 5.
    8. Now u will be left with some apps with 'draw over other apps' on and some with off.
    9. The apps u denied the 'draw over other apps' are the reason. U can either uninstall them or can keep the apps by denying them 'draw over other apps'.
    10-31-2016 01:32 PM
    Personally, I agree with the Op that this is a messy situation which the OS should be addressing. So far I'm managing to just ignore the messages.
    I'm not going to use up more time on this other than to add my voice via this forum and wait for the fix.

(The mechanic next door told me, "I'm going to learn to think more like a woman thinks and just say, 'I don't need this! '.")
    11-05-2016 08:19 PM
    This is bug in Android marshmallow itself you cannot do anything
    11-06-2016 04:36 AM
    I was having the problem with Messenger after I uninstalled the Facebook app. I fixed my going to my profile in Messenger and selecting "Photos & media". I turned on "Save Photos" and "Save On Capture". Solved the problem. Clean master had nothing to did with it in my case. It's weird since either option only applies after a screen over lay is complete.
    11-06-2016 06:24 PM
    Listen I can't grant permission to apps I've loaded smart tutor can't even get that to work
    11-14-2016 02:30 PM
    When you see that message pop up, follow the prompt to go to settings & turn off the overlay for all apps in the list, this solved the issue for me. I don't want my apps to overlay other apps anyways so no issues there. Hope this helped.
    WHEN YOU GET TO THE SCREEN IN SETTINGS FOR OVERLAYS, MAKE SURE HIT THE DOtS AT THE TOP OF THE SCREEN TO SHOW SYSTEM APPS TOO. AND TURN THEm ALL TO OFF
    11-14-2016 05:10 PM
    How can I get rid of the screen overlay?
    11-17-2016 09:20 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! In know this is a long thread, but have you read through it? There are lots of suggestions on how to solve the issue.
    11-22-2016 11:28 PM
    Hi. I 've been read it almost all topic, but I found nothing for my glaxy s6 edge. Can you please help?Thank you.
    11-23-2016 05:56 AM
    Since I did this latest update I can't change permissions, upload pictures among some other things. Its causing me a lot of trouble. I keep getting a popup saying screen overlay detected and to turn it off. It takes you to the settings but no matter what I do nothing changes. Its all very vague. It's just a loop accomplishing nothing. If anyone knows of a fix please share. I've tried a few suggestions for nexus that I found but no success. LG g4, unfortunately lol
    Rick I'm having the same problems...I've done everything suppose 2 and still gives the same message about that darn overlay. I've changed then to return back and gives the same saying. I've an LG note 2..going nuts because don't understand how tho resolve this going problem...i just want throw phn the window. I've left messages but no1gives any type resolution.
    11-24-2016 01:15 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The Screen Overlay settings can be found by going to Settings>Apps, tap the gear icon, then Draw Over Other Apps. (This is on a Nexus 6P--if you have a different phone, there might be some differences in the menu location.) By default, it should be Enabled, but each individual app can be turned on or off. Does the error message want you to enable to disable the screen overlay?
    I keep going round in circles with this overlay thing and I am not to phone savvy ....help please????

how do I sort this asap please
    12-05-2016 09:56 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you looked through this whole thread? Can you tell us what you've tried already?
    12-05-2016 12:21 PM
    So my problem with screen overlay was caused by an app, pie control. I force stop it then the overlay msg doesn't come up. Restart it when I'm done giving permissions. Also toucher pro was causing the screen overlay error when I was using that. If you are using a similar app that might be your culprit
    ManiacJoe likes this.
    12-07-2016 05:02 AM
    I found the app that was causing all of my problems was Facebook Messenger - Beta. I don't know if the non-Beta version has the same problem, but in every instance, it was Facebook Messenger Beta (The pop-up chat head). I was just about to leave the beta program to see if the non Beta also had the issue, when apparently they must've fixed the problem.
    ManiacJoe likes this.
    12-07-2016 07:14 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The Screen Overlay settings can be found by going to Settings>Apps, tap the gear icon, then Draw Over Other Apps. (This is on a Nexus 6P--if you have a different phone, there might be some differences in the menu location.) By default, it should be Enabled, but each individual app can be turned on or off. Does the error message want you to enable to disable the screen overlay?
    Disable
    12-14-2016 02:27 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Ok, have you read through this thread, yet? I know it's long, but there have been a number of helpful suggestions.
    12-14-2016 02:36 PM
    No way. It is just showing the bull**** list of apps which have screen overlay and which app I m looking it isnot present at all in the list. It is going over and over again if u try to open a video file from vlc or pdf file opening from adobe.
    12-15-2016 08:46 AM
    12-15-2016 02:02 PM
    I had the same issue. My new device put me in an endless loop with all my apps like Facebook,ESPN, etc.While at work I asked some comp. techs if they knew how to solve it. They didn't. But while sitting at my desk I came up with an idea: I put my phone in safe mode and was able to access EVERY permission I needed, for EVERY app. All you do is press and hold power, reboot phone. When Galaxy logo first appears, press and hold vol. down button until phone comes back on to your lock screen. Then go to application/applications manager/select app/go to permissions/then check every toggle on each app you want to allow. After your done, swipe down on phone and tap notification telling you your phone is in safe mode. This will restart your phone, taking you out of safe mode. Then go to app and have fun!!!
    12-15-2016 08:02 PM
    I dont see any options u mentioned. It even blocked hangouts, whatsapp, adobe reader. Its practically frustrating. i want to disable all the features at once. One time it worked, next day same problem of screen overlay for the same app. I dont know what to do. I m using Moto Z Play on Android 6. I don't want to reboot everytime for this problem

Reply me soon.
    12-15-2016 09:36 PM
    @venkata welcome to the forums. I get you're frustrated but please check the language and hostility.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-16-2016 12:49 AM
    This method does not work on my Phoenix 2 6.0marshmallow k371. I've seen this same fix a thousand places but mine does not have a gear icon where you say there is, it don't have crap in settings/apps to turn off overlay, you can go to each app to do it but then some are greyed out and can not be changed. It shows it's off on those apps but the app says yes. I been trying to find out anything I can for 3 months and nothing. I can't do crap with this phone. Can't trim a video it's so intrusive, Google should be fired for this
    12-18-2016 10:00 AM
164 ... 34567