Contact pictures from in-coming/out-going calls does not show up.

ScubaSnac9

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I just updated my Note 4 (Verizon) to Marshmallow today. Since doing the update I no longer see most of my contacts profile pictures showing up when i call out or when i recieve a call. I am not the only one, because my Mom is complaining my picture does not show up when i call her and she did the Marshmallow update a few weeks ago on her S5. You can see the pictures on their contact profile or the direct dial widget, but when actually calling the screen either goes white, where the pic should be, or a profile outline (like if you have no pic loaded for the contact) shows up. It seems to not matter if the picture is saved to the profile from the phone or if the picture comes from the google profile. I do NOT have Facebook contacts or anything else synced.

I have gone through and cleared cash throughout multiple google, contact, etc. applications. I even deleted the data from the Contacts application and then resynced through Google+ with no luck. I also went into boot mode and wiped the cash there as well. Multiple restarts have also been done throughout the attempt to fix this issue.

I cannot seem to find this issue anywere on the internet or I am not searching with the correct verbiage. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

dinosf

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I just updated my Note 4 (Verizon) to Marshmallow today. Since doing the update I no longer see most of my contacts profile pictures showing up when i call out or when i recieve a call. I am not the only one, because my Mom is complaining my picture does not show up when i call her and she did the Marshmallow update a few weeks ago on her S5. You can see the pictures on their contact profile or the direct dial widget, but when actually calling the screen either goes white, where the pic should be, or a profile outline (like if you have no pic loaded for the contact) shows up. It seems to not matter if the picture is saved to the profile from the phone or if the picture comes from the google profile. I do NOT have Facebook contacts or anything else synced.

I have gone through and cleared cash throughout multiple google, contact, etc. applications. I even deleted the data from the Contacts application and then resynced through Google+ with no luck. I also went into boot mode and wiped the cash there as well. Multiple restarts have also been done throughout the attempt to fix this issue.

I cannot seem to find this issue anywere on the internet or I am not searching with the correct verbiage. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I'm having the exact same issue on the same phone with the same carrier. In my case it only seems to occur with contacts that have a Google+ picture associated with them, not ones that I've manually designated. Thanks for saving me the steps you've tried to correct.