In my gallery I only want to have camera photos - nothing else. When I add - let's say a folder containing MP3 with a album cover, or TV shows in MP4 format, it automatically adds to gallery. I;m using the default gallery app and I can't see a way to stop it from scanning for photos/video. Is there a solution or perhaps a "better" Gallery app that will do what I want it to?

Adding .nomedia isn't a useful solution.

Thanks!
    06-17-2016 12:26 PM
    Unfortunately the .nomedia file is the most likely solution, albeit you stating it's not useful. You can try pointing a File Manager app to a specific folder (the Camera one) instead, but that will not be as 'nice' as a media-specific app.

On the Gallery app you can still select which folders to view (or albums), but still, the Gallery will show all media in your phone (hence why the .nomedia file is the most effective solution for your problem).
    Unfortunately the .nomedia file is the most likely solution, albeit you stating it's not useful. You can try pointing a File Manager app to a specific folder (the Camera one) instead, but that will not be as 'nice' as a media-specific app.

On the Gallery app you can still select which folders to view (or albums), but still, the Gallery will show all media in your phone (hence why the .nomedia file is the most effective solution for your problem).
    tardus likes this.
    06-17-2016 02:04 PM

I hope you see my point. If I add a bunch of folders that contain an image file, it's a PITA to add the .nomedia to each one. Are there any other gallery apps that are more customizable?
    06-18-2016 09:46 AM
    You could try Google Photos. By default it shows only the photos taken on that device and to see your media folders you need to select that option in the side menu. Worth a try.
    06-18-2016 09:57 AM