My moto g3 is acting really weird recently and possibly the most frustrating problem is that all of my images disappeared. This was particularly annoying as I'm on holiday and lost all of my holiday photos and couldn't back them up before they disappeared :/ so backing them up isn't an option right now.
    With the many problems I'm having, I'm tempted to get a replacement or refund as it's well within the warranty.
    Any quick fixes?
    06-30-2016 11:44 AM
    Are you using an SD card for pictures? If so, that might be the issue. SD cards are really unreliable and fail a lot (incredibly!). Your card might be defective or damaged which is causing the files on it to 'disappear'.

If you connect the phone to a computer or use the SD card in a different phone, are the pictures there?

If you're using internal memory, then I'd definitely replace the phone. I'd also check to see if the pictures 'disappear' if you take them in Safe Mode, just to rule out that a 3rd party app is deleting them (not likely, but possible). This, however, would require you to stay in Safe Mode until the pictures usually disappear to see if it happens or not.
    06-30-2016 11:56 AM
    Thanks, I recently moved images to my SD card and considering my other problems seem to be SD card related, I'm ordering a new one. I'll try to move them back to internal storage as I have had no problems at all when they were not on the SD card
    Nothing more I can do right now but thank you for your help
    06-30-2016 12:10 PM
    I strongly recommend you save pictures to internal memory and only move them to SD card once you're sure they're backed up elsewhere. Something I learned the hard way, too. 2 days of a trip in the woods with no internet access (therefore no cloud backup), and the SD card got fried before coming home
    06-30-2016 12:33 PM