Nexus 6 started to slow down since I've had it since release. So I decided to install one of those custom images ( I think that's what it's called ) that forced unencrption to boost performance. Phone was like brand new and ran great. A month later an OTA update came out and I wasn't able to automatically install it. I didn't realize that going this route would force me to install updates manually.

I'd like to restore this guy to an original image so updates will install automatically. Yes, the phone will go backed to forced encryption, but oh well.

I know I installed some sort of bootloader to install this custom image. Will I have to do something with the bootloader in order to get a good factory restore and auto updates? Or will simply installing a factory image allow me to auto update?

I don't care about root or anything at this point. I just want auto updates back.

07-02-2016 04:52 PM
    I think the easiest way would be to use the Wugnet Nexus Root Toolkit (Google it) to restore the original factory image (which the NRT will help you find).
    07-02-2016 05:14 PM
    Follow the directions here to the letter: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

You can get the image as you go through that process.
    electricpete likes this.
    07-05-2016 08:30 AM