MicroSD not treated as internal storage - Android One Marshmallow 6.0.1

A

AC Question

MicroSD not treated as internal storage - android one marshmallow 6.0.1

I am facing a different issue, help needed plz!! Mine is a karbonn android one Marshmallow with only 4GB internal storage. I bought a 16GB microSD card and set up as internal storage. The actual 4GB internal storage was already FULL with basic apps itself and no additional apps are allowed to install. What i observed is, though the microSD card is used as internal storage, the OS is not considering as an extension to its actual internal storage, only the apps with movable option to SD card are able to move. Though i have around 14GB free space on SD card, i cant install new apps, funnily though the new app allows to move to SD card, it should first get installed to actual internal storage, and that is not happening anyways, then whats the point of calling microSD as internal storage!! As my phone keeps alerting with low space, i happened to uninstall the all possible, basic apps also. Now i cant call that phone as smart phone anymore. Plz guide me if i am doing any wrong approach or so. Thanks in advance.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: MicroSD not treated as internal storage - android one marshmallow 6.0.1

Marshmallow doesn't automatically allow SD cards to be used as internal storage even for flagship phone like the S7. SD cards are notorious for failing and cannot be backed up when used this way. So if it fails you are pretty much screwed. I see no mention anywhere about the Karbonn supporting adaptive storage. These are instructions for getting a card to work in an S7 Here's how to configure adoptable storage on your S7 / S7 Edge - Android - MoDaCo. It may work for you but make sure that not all of the space is turned into adaptive storage as you will need some space for photos and videos.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: MicroSD not treated as internal storage - android one marshmallow 6.0.1

Only a certain percentage of an app can transfered to a sd card. The app itself must still be installed in the physical internal memory. That's where the OS is installed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad