What did marshmallow update do to our SD cards ?!! Before updating my Android to marshmallow I could use my SD card as a place in where I can save applications , applications saved to my SD card used to work perfectly and without any mistakes , after updating to Android marshmallow I can't save applications to SD card if I formatted as portable storage ( big disadvantage) and if I decide to use my SD card as an internal storage there I can save applications on it BUT in this case applications are not working as fast as they used to be even if I used a class 10 SD card the problem is the same I am asking did Android developers thought about people who are using devices with 16 GB or less internal memory before giving them the option to format there SD card as on internal or external storage ? Did they tested the fapplication saved in SD to see if they are or will work properly or not ?!!!!
    BlueAlchemy17 likes this.
    07-15-2016 10:16 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? Remember that the old way of moving apps to SD only moved a portion of the app (and often a fairly small portion at that), so the amount of internal storage that was freed up often wasn't that much.
    07-15-2016 05:23 PM
    Thanks for your reply B. Diddy I am using Lenovo a7000 plus , the problem is before updating my device to marshmallow , applications that been saved to SD card were working in a perfect way now the same applications are not working in a proper way when I save Them to SD card it look like devices with low internal storage : 16 GB or less are not good enough for marshmallow
    07-16-2016 03:41 AM
    What do you mean that they're not working in a proper way? Do you mean they're running more slowly? If so, try reformatting the SD card, or use a different card, in case the card itself became corrupted during the update process.
    07-16-2016 07:01 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? Remember that the old way of moving apps to SD only moved a portion of the app (and often a fairly small portion at that), so the amount of internal storage that was freed up often wasn't that much.
    I beg to differ. When I had Lollipop and earlier in the candy alphabet, moving apps to external SD actually moved over half of the data for each app. Of course it varied by app, but overall, I have to say that I've had the opposite happen to me from what you describe.
    07-26-2016 08:41 PM
    Fair enough--my experience was different, so the key here is the variability. A relatively common complaint on this forum regarding SD cards is how much less than expected of an app was moved to SD. It'd be interesting to see data on how much of an app gets moved to the SD across the vast spectrum of Android apps, but that would be a huge undertaking.
    07-27-2016 11:42 AM