about android marshmallow

androud_user

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
I updated my mobile to android marshmallow this update makes me think if android developers has the right to make changes in things that dosnt belong to them I mean SD card , if they are the owners of android and they can do what ever they want to do with android is it fare to do changes in our SD cards ? all smart phones comes without SD card we are buying SD cards to help us in finding an empty spaces in the device internal storage by removing media and some applications to SD card this is the main feature in SD card I bought my sd card to deal with it as an external storage for my media and applications , in marshmallow they are forcing you to formatted it as an internal storage and this will leads to applications crashes and hanging if you saved them in SD card when you use it as an internal storage in the same time you can't save any applications in sd card if you choose to deal with it as an portable ( external ) storage , do they have the right to force us to deal with sd cards as they want without thinking if using it as they want us to use it is good enough for us or not ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you're relying on an SD card to expand your available storage for app installation, then you should probably consider phones with larger built-in storage to begin with. In my opinion, SD cards have always been best for storage of media files, like photos, videos, and music.

androud_user

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
the point is : before updating to marshmallow I used to save applications on my sd cards and they were working in a proper way after marshmallow when I move the Same applications to sd cards they are working in a slow motion and hanging a lot what is the different if the sd card is the same why did these applications worked fine before update and hanging a lot after update ? I will give you a nother example : Google sheets and Google Documents apps has the option to be moved to sd card and I moved these apps to sd card guess what ? they didn't work at all !! so what is the use of using the sd card as an internal storage ?

BlueAlchemy17

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
If you're relying on an SD card to expand your available storage for app installation, then you should probably consider phones with larger built-in storage to begin with. In my opinion, SD cards have always been best for storage of media files, like photos, videos, and music.
That's all well and good, but what if your only choices are 32 GB and 16 GB? How do YOU recommend finding a phone with more internal memory when the manufacturers aren't making bigger. Unless you buy unlocked, but that's not always financially feasible.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think that for the large majority of users, 32 GB is more than enough. If a user is filling up that amount of storage with apps, I would guess that he or she is not using a good portion of those apps on an even rare basis, so apps can be removed to make more room. For the minority of users who do run out of app room, then adoptable storage is certainly an option--it just isn't going to be a perfect option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan