Marshmallow does not do free WiFi?

SonDan

Jan 27, 2011
oldschoolmusiclover.com
I have Marshmallow on both a
T-Mobile G4 and a Moto Droid Maxx 2.

Both say they are connecting to free Wi-Fi when I am at Barnes and Noble or Noodles Inc or McDonald's ...
...but when I open the Chrome Browser to get the sign-in page it is non- existent. I try typing in what I think is the URL of the sign-in page and still no luck.

Is this a Marshmallow bug? Or am I missing something here?

Before I updated the Droid Maxx to Marshmallow I could get the sign-in page for free WiFi wherever I was.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have Marshmallow on both a
T-Mobile G4 and a Moto Droid Maxx 2.

Both say they are connecting to free Wi-Fi when I am at Barnes and Noble or Noodles Inc or McDonald's ...
...but when I open the Chrome Browser to get the sign-in page it is non- existent. I try typing in what I think is the URL of the sign-in page and still no luck.

Is this a Marshmallow bug? Or am I missing something here?

Before I updated the Droid Maxx to Marshmallow I could get the sign-in page for free WiFi wherever I was.

I am on Marshmallow on my S6 and I don't have this issue. I have had no issues signing into any free wifi hot spots.
Do you have any pop up blockers or add ons for chrome?

SonDan

Jan 27, 2011
oldschoolmusiclover.com
Thanks for responding. So if all works well for you it must be my phone's set up.
I don't have any pop up blockers on Chrome. Hmm I wonder what is wrong with my setup then ?😞

SonDan

Jan 27, 2011
oldschoolmusiclover.com
I have gone through my settings with a fine tooth comb and STILL can't get sign in pages to free wifi. Tried at Friday's, B&N, McDonald's and my car dealership on Saturday and nothing on either phone. Anyone have any clues please? I am swiftly burning through my mobile data since this problem began.

Thanks for reading.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

galvoguy

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
when i log into free wifi at starbucks and other wifi spots i get a notification message that i need to check+ accept terms on , it is notification message that you find by swiping down from the top of the screen with one finger on your android device.