No notification sound

mydogKlaus

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I work in a big warehouse. Since "upgrading" to marshmallow, my S6 Edge works fine in the break room, but when I'm in the warehouse, 90% of the time it doesn't make a notification sound for texts and it never makes a sound for emails.

UncleHappy

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
By "doesn't make a notification sound", is your phone still receiving messages silently, or is it not receiving any messages?

If it is the second case, have you checked your network signal strength in the warehouse? If you see no "bars" of signal, that would mean your phone cannot connect to the cellular towers, and therefore cannot receive messages. Some buildings are worse than others for radio signals, especially ones with metal structures.

Also, if your phone was working fine on Lollipop, you could attempt a downgrade from Marshmallow at your own risk, after backing everything up first. People using this guide have found varying levels of success.

But you should first make sure the issue is indeed with the phone, and not the network.

mydogKlaus

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
It's receiving, just not making the sound when it happens. But like I said, only in the warehouse, and only since the upgrade. When I had Lollipop, I was working in a building twice the size of where I am now, and I had no issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn