I installed a micro SD card as internal storage on my Moto G. When it was new.
    Today I tried to download a new app only to be told that there was insufficient storage. So my sd card is now not being recognized? or is there some step/setting I need to do to have the app dl properly to the card?

Hope someone can help me.
    08-18-2016 07:58 PM
    It's possible that the sdcard has become corrupt. Some of the budget sdcards can become corrupt. Try rebooting your device and see if it rediscovers your card, if not, you may need to reformat it and maybe even get a new higher end card. I bought a less expensive 64GB card that I put in my galaxy tab s and formatted it as internal and after a few weeks I got an error that the sdcard was corrupt, rebooting would resolve the problem for a while, but the corruption would return. I bought a newer, faster sdcard and haven't had an error since.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-18-2016 08:04 PM
    Thank you vider. I will first reboot then reformat and take it from there.
    I am using a PNY Elite 127 GB microSDXC card that I purchased from Amazon when I bought the Moto G4. Is that considered an ok card?
    08-19-2016 06:36 PM
    I see the sd card as internal storage but when trying to update Facebook app I get the same error. I wish I knew how to share my screenshot in this forum via phone. Oh well.
    08-19-2016 07:00 PM
    Did you go to settings -> Storage -> select your adopted storage, then use the 3dots on the top right to open a menu of options, from there select "migrate data".
    Hopefully your settings are similar enough to mine.
    If it still isn't working, maybe you need a new sdcard.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-19-2016 08:31 PM
    Try this;

Clear cache and data in your download app. It may or may not help but sometimes the download app needs cleaning anyways
    08-19-2016 09:32 PM
    If formatted as internal, and you've followed vider's steps as above it might be the card or the app in question can't be installed to an SD card despite being formatted as internal.

By what I've grown to understand, even if your card is formatted as internal if the app developer doesn't indicate the app can be installed to an SD card it will only install to the devices on board memory. It is the pattern I've noticed on apps and where they install.

Facebook I know is installed and can't be moved from the devices memory. I also have my card formatted as internal (since you mentioned Facebook I thought it was a good example).
    08-21-2016 12:51 AM
    Facebook is one of the apps that will not update. Hmm. So the adoptable storage was just a scam an will only work for certain apps and I am stuck with two phones with apps I can't ever update....or so it seems.

So only solution is to delete some apps to update remaining apps and that is not the solution I wanted to hear. Growl.

I am not a happy camper.
    09-16-2016 06:22 AM