Slow Charging on Car Charger is Useless.

banistersmind

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Marshmallow now with my SGS7 and I'm noticing this annoying feature that limits my phone's charging to a slow, trickle charge whenever I'm plugged into my car's charging port.

It's essentially useless as the phone drains at a normal rate and it doesn't charge.

I want to disable this slow charging feature but I can't see an option.

Any suggestions?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Marshmallow now with my SGS7 and I'm noticing this annoying feature that limits my phone's charging to a slow, trickle charge whenever I'm plugged into my car's charging port.

It's essentially useless as the phone drains at a normal rate and it doesn't charge.

I want to disable this slow charging feature but I can't see an option.

Any suggestions?

What car charger are you using?

banistersmind

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
What car charger are you using?
It's a plug that inserts into the cigarette lighter and I insert my cable into the plug. It's one of those dime a dozen Asian branded plugs.

Interestingly, it's only started doing it since the 6.0.1 update.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
It's a plug that inserts into the cigarette lighter and I insert my cable into the plug. It's one of those dime a dozen Asian branded plugs.

Interestingly, it's only started doing it since the 6.0.1 update.

I don't know what the 6.0.1 update would have to do with it, but you definitely need a Quick Charge charger. Version 2.0 is for most phones, but you might as well get a 3.0 charger, since they're backwards compatible. I have a 2.0 charger for my Nexus 6 and it charges at roughly 1% a minute with Google Navigation running.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"It's a plug that inserts into the cigarette lighter and I insert my cable into the plug" That's a stock charger and to Samsung that means USB charging (800mA maximum). You need a Samsung mobile charger adapter to charge at full capacity. (The pinout is different for full charge current in Samsungs.)

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
In one of the more recent updates, "charging slowly" started appearing whether on a QI charger, ac charger or car charger. It appears to be a bug that has not been addressed. Google Android and charging slowly and you will see a lot of complaints.