Ok I need some help solving a little mystery that is bugging me. Using esfile explorer I saw that there was an "Android" folder on my external SD card and within that there is a folder called "data". Now I don't have a problem with that as such as I recognise that Android sometimes uses the external sd card to save configuration information.

But what confused me is that esfile is reporting that two folders were updated on a day that I know that I didn't access those apps. I even went through my recent apps usage which confirmed that I did not access them.

Then I thought maybe it was Google play update but I checked Google play and there are no updates for those apps on question and I have set my Google play to update manually.

Then I thought it was the apps themselves doing something in the background but those two apps have no permissions granted including no access to storage... Also both folders are empty...

So with all that being said how can the app folders have been updated? Anytime with any ideas on this world be grateful, it's not a major issue I'm just curious from a ocd perspective lol thanks!
    11-02-2016 09:41 AM