SMS only shows incoming messages

icvos

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
After moving from S6 to S7 I can only see incoming and outgoing texts if i use Samsung's messenger. If I use a third party app like Google Messenger or FB Messenger I can only see received messages. The outgoing messages are not there. Weird. Thoughts?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you using Advanced Messaging? If so, that's the problem. 3rd party apps cannot access those messages. On a message you can't see in 3rd party apps, long press and select DETAILS. If it says 'Chat' under type, then it's Advanced or Enhanced Messaging. Just turn that off in the settings and you should be good.

icvos

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
aww damn, yeah not-so-advanced messaging. turned it OFF. been slowing things down too. so all the messages i sent using "advanced messaging" are never going to show up in 3rd party messaging clients?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, yeah. Those are only accessible to the stock messaging app (unless either Samsung or Google, not sure which is responsible for that but I'm guessing the latter, includes an API for those so that 3rd party apps have access).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz