LG Stylo 2 Plus will not stay connected to WiFi

McTasha

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday I dropped my s7 Edge and it broke. Today I picked up the LG Stylo 2 Plus. It was free. So brand new phone. It will not stay connected to the WiFi in my home. It will hold on for maybe 20min. Then it shuts its self off. It really sucks because I live in a rural area and I must rely on WiFi calling for the mobile signal is very poor here in mountainous Colorado. I never had this issue with the s7 Edge. The new phone, Stylo 2 Plus, was updated as soon as it came out the box. They were just updates for LG Smartworld. Android version is 6.0.1 Carrier is T-Mobile. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's a brand new phone you just got today, it's under warranty. Bring it back. (Even though I've designed routers, networks, etc., I wouldn't waste my time on a phone that didn't work right out of the box. It's their problem, so I'd have the phone replaced [and test it on the store's wifi, even if they want to "forget" the connection after I proved to myself that it would stay connected] and let them worry about the "why" of it. [And if it's Marshmallow 6.0.1, some phones had a bug with that version that caused wifi problems.])