so i plugged in my usb cable to the phone via my computer to charge my phone.
    suddenly, it went blank and it went to a firmware update where it said do not unplug the usb connection until the process is complete. It also showed a bar at 0 percent.
    i looked up the forums of the LG website and found out that i needed to download an app called LG bridge to update the soft ware. i followed the instructions and soon i managed to update the phone to the android 6.0 or Marshmallow and everything went back to normal.
    The following day, i plugged it again to charge my phone. Then, the same firmware update came back again!!! I couldnt hard reset or the phone or restart it by holding the off button. It simply did not work.
    i panicked as when i launched the same LG bridge app, it said that the phone has been fully updated and it does not require a further update. So my phone was still stuck at that firmware update with the zero percent. i cant go back to the home page or off it. The LG class does not have a home buttton, just a switch off buttton and a volume up or down button. The LG class does not have a removable battery so i cannot physically remove it.

12-08-2016 06:33 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! So there's no progress showing in the progress bar? Does it look like it's actually in the middle of doing something? If there's been no progress at all, you can force a shutdown by pressing and holding Power for about 10-15 seconds. Then wait a few seconds, and then power on again normally.

I'm not sure why this keeps happening when you connect via USB to the PC. Since charging from the PC is usually pretty slow, I'd suggest sticking with charging from a wall outlet from now on.
    12-09-2016 01:57 AM