Can anyone suggest Apps that will install on the SD Card when using Adoptable Storage or can be moved to it? I have yet to find an App that installs to or will change to the SD Card. The SD Card appears as part of the phone storage, not as portable - but nothing installs to the SD Card or can be moved to it (except Pics and Music, which works with portable). I'd like an example of some Apps known to work to try them on my ZTE Z831.

Thanks,
    GS
    02-20-2017 01:43 AM
    When the card is formatted as Adoptable Storage, the phone treats the card as an extension of the internal storage. The phone picks where things are storage. Since the card is the extension, it would seem reasonable that the internal storage gets used first then the card.
    02-20-2017 03:53 PM
    You probably want them on Internal Storage if possible, since read-write speeds with SD cards will always be slower than onboard memory, even when the card is formatted as Internal Storage.
    02-20-2017 05:38 PM
    One would think. It does not seem to work that way. The internal memory fills up and I get an out of storage warning and nothing gets stored on the largely empty SD card. I also do not have the option to move the apps. My understanding is the App developer must allow the use of Adoptable Storage. I am trying to find an example or two, to see if it ia working at all. Thanks.

GS

When the card is formatted as Adoptable Storage, the phone treats the card as an extension of the internal storage. The phone picks where things are storage. Since the card is the extension, it would seem reasonable that the internal storage gets used first then the card.
    02-24-2017 01:39 PM
    It is more up to the phone itself as well as OS. And performance for apps is more read I/O as writes are less of an impact You still want to shop for SD card with 90-95MB/sec specs.

I have a cheap BLU phone that makes it easy to do.

And yes, music apps and such that ask and give the option where to download and store their files are up to developers, not apps, that I've never seen. And moving a few apps maybe 1-2GB worth was all, wasn't worth it.

Must have 3-4GB free when it comes to installing large updates, even if 'only' 1-2GB size.

Because it will be encrypted it is not portable.
    02-24-2017 01:50 PM