dear community,

hi ...i would like to be able to use a memory card, to try to increase my ~android 6.0,~ blu advance L2 4.0 or blu dash L2 4.0 phone(s), neither of which have enough storage for annnything -

i have bought, so far, two different sd cards, both of which say sd HC on them ...and -

i thought that with android 6.0, that (after inserting the card, and turning on my phone?) my phone would detect the card and ~ask me if i want to use the card as INTernal storage,~

but so far my phones have not presented that option -

does this sound like it ought to be working - except that possibly the phone requires a plain, NON-hd memory card? i even attempted to purchase NON-hc cards, in case that would make any difference, and then the sellers sent me HC cards anyway......

or is there something i need to do, to get my phone to present me the internal storage option?

i am so new to all of this, and don't know the ins and outs - thank you so much to those of you who are here and help! i hope you all are well

~pretty
    03-05-2017 09:16 AM
    Not all phones support using an SD card as internal storage.

Format your card as external/portable storage.
    Move your pictures, music, videos, and documents to the SD card.
    Leave the apps on the internal storage where they want to be.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    03-05-2017 04:34 PM
    This issue has become more infuriating as each of the last 3 weeks passed since my new Blu Advance 5.0 arrived from Amazon. I also experienced storage issues almost immediately, and I too assumed it was user error/my bad. My efforts could not resolve the problem, and a subsequent Google search (Blu Advance 5.0 SD card issue) revealed thousands of posts such as the above. None of numerous suggested fixes has worked, nor did the "hard factory re-set" performed per specific instructions from BLU customer service. Bottom line: I know of no phone in the BLU product line sold in the last year or so that doesn't have a fatal storage issue. This, of course, would not be an issue if BLU or Amazon (partnered with BLU on some devices) had mentioned it!! Mine is going back to somebody somewhere even if I must walk cross country and take a hostage! The only reply seen so far that comes close to a resolution was to the effect of: "throw it away and buy a different cheap unlocked phone."
    05-07-2017 10:53 AM
    For the next guy with a Blu running Android 6
    To format the sd card as internal storage:
    (it will not 'pop up' asking you what you want to do.)
    Open Settings
    Open Storage and USB
    Open SD Card
    Now, in the top right corner of SD card screen open the menu (3 stacked dots)
    You will now see "Format as internal"
    Do this.
    Now you will find the familiar 'move to sd card' displayed as "CHANGE" under the Storage Used heading in the Settings-Apps menu, it's up to you now.
    07-22-2017 06:14 PM
    For the next guy with a Blu running Android 6
    To format the sd card as internal storage:
    (it will not 'pop up' asking you what you want to do.)
    Open Settings
    Open Storage and USB
    Open SD Card
    Now, in the top right corner of SD card screen open the menu (3 stacked dots)
    You will now see "Format as internal"
    Do this.
    Now you will find the familiar 'move to sd card' displayed as "CHANGE" under the Storage Used heading in the Settings-Apps menu, it's up to you now.
    If I do this, will it erase everything that is already on my SD card?
    11-11-2017 09:56 AM
    If I do this, will it erase everything that is already on my SD card?
    Yes.
    11-11-2017 09:57 AM
    And, you won't be able to just pop it in another device to read the files.
    ManiacJoe likes this.
    11-11-2017 05:01 PM
    On my 5.2 advance, it does give me the "use as internal storage" option. But it doesn't matter, it doesn't really work. It still fills my actual 8gb internal storage separately and treats the SD card as a separate entity. I'm really disappointed cause I was so happy to get a phone like this for $60. Don't know what to do now.
    cubamark likes this.
    02-19-2018 08:37 AM