I know that in the past, I've used Moto Voice to send a text, while my keyboard was locked. It prompted me for my pin, then would continue, allowing me to send a text.

I just tried it now and it's telling me it's not allowed while the display is locked. I didn't change anything on my end.

Anyone know what might have happened?
    03-10-2017 11:51 AM
    That's why I don't lock my phone, locking it causes nothing but problems with apps I depend on constantly. Besides I use Moto voice myself exclusively so my phone never leaves my pocket ๐Ÿ˜‹
    Besides my phone email account is just for the phone, nothing in it, and I don't pay for things with my phone or anything else..... It's just a phone. I don't even surf on it. For me locking causes too many problems on Android ๐Ÿ˜•

I believe you'll need to play with your trusted device settings to fix your problem though ๐Ÿ˜‹
    03-11-2017 06:14 AM
    Thanks. How would I get to that setting? I knew this worked perfectly fine for me in the past. Not sure what happened to cause it to stop.
    03-11-2017 07:18 AM
    That's why I don't lock my phone, locking it causes nothing but problems with apps I depend on constantly. Besides I use Moto voice myself exclusively so my phone never leaves my pocket ๐Ÿ˜‹
    Besides my phone email account is just for the phone, nothing in it, and I don't pay for things with my phone or anything else..... It's just a phone. I don't even surf on it. For me locking causes too many problems on Android ๐Ÿ˜•

I believe you'll need to play with your trusted device settings to fix your problem though ๐Ÿ˜‹
    What apps do you depend on constantly that don't work correctly with the phone locked?
    03-11-2017 01:32 PM
    I've never liked locking my phones because I've always had issues with things working through the lockscreen. And that's been on Windows phones as well.

On my current phone I always use a Bluetooth earpiece and Moto voice for everything from hearing/sending texts/emails to navigating and making calls handsfree. I rarely ever touch my phone.

When I tried locking my screen I lost the use of Moto voice just like the OP, and didn't want to get lost in the time consuming maze of hidden settings trying to fix it, so I decided to just go unlocked

I want whatever app I put on my phone to work without having to fight lockscreen settings I have no actual information of any kind on my phone on purpose, except for reset protection, so if I lose my phone it's on me, but all I lose is a phone and somebody else gets a brick
    I'm ocd though, and don't lose things like phones, mine never leaves my pocket unless it's in my hand
    03-12-2017 06:09 AM