Yesterday, whilst playing township and charging simultaeneousiy my battery drained instantly. I also lost all personal photos and videos on my internal memory. This happened very shortly before the android update became available, (if that's relevant). Have LG G5, please help. P.S-seems fine again now.
    03-11-2017 09:26 AM
    Welcome to the forums. Do you have access to the photos again, or are they still lost?

As for the battery drain, what percentage was it at when you plugged it in? It may be possible that the game was draining the battery faster than the charger could replace it.
    ChromeJob likes this.
    03-11-2017 09:31 AM
    I've used some chargers that were okay when the phone was off, but if the screen was on, in use for anything, they couldn't manage.

Chargers used to put out only 500 mA (the limit of USB 2 ports, IIRC), but most phone chargers should put out 1000 mA (1A). Tablet chargers are capable of even more. The phone's chargers circuits will take what they can, so you won't damage plugging your phone into a good quality tablet charger. Look for the fine print on the charger by "OUTPUT."

If you use a USB port on a computer, try to use a USB 3 port, preferably one with a power symbol by it, indicating it is meant to provide charging (some even do it with the laptop in sleep mode).
    03-11-2017 09:41 AM
    First and foremost, thankyou very much for your reply. The stuff that was lost is gone, hadn't gotten around to sd transfer; not a huge amount and could have been much worse! All that remained were a few empty folders. The battery level very shortly prior had been around half, I think. Was certainly a large and immediate loss of charge.
    03-11-2017 11:04 AM
    First and foremost, thanks very much for your reply. I have checked the charger and all literature that came with the phone, but have been unable to find any reference to the numbers quoted. It is, however, an official LG 'fast charger' that came with the phone; which is only 3 weeks old. There was definitely a sudden and complete loss of a significant charge. You are correct though, that game is hungry, takes ages to charge whilst playing. Thankyou for the advice about a tablet charger, I will certainly look into it. Again, many thanks!
    03-11-2017 11:10 AM
    First and foremost, thankyou very much for your reply. The stuff that was lost is gone, hadn't gotten around to sd transfer; not a huge amount and could have been much worse! All that remained were a few empty folders. The battery level very shortly prior had been around half, I think. Was certainly a large and immediate loss of charge.
    I would consider a new battery. It may be possible it is going bad. I would also suggest using a cloud backup for your photos. Google photos allow unlimited storage if you use the default settings.

A side note ...Is your username from Police Squad or the Naked Gun?
    03-11-2017 02:28 PM
    Thanks again, Golfdriver97. I guess I'll need to hang on for a major foul-up before LG will rectify it. Your side note made me laugh, I guess it depends which you think is funnier!
    03-11-2017 02:37 PM
    Haven't seen much of Police Squad, but I loved the Naked Gun.
    03-11-2017 04:32 PM