Little background, I've been on Android since Eclair, I know how do to most everything. I usually only used a pin unlock for my security until I got my HTC 10 last year, I also used the fingerprint scanner. Everything was the way I liked it, until I had to get a replacement htc 10 due to my volume button sticking.

I've had this replacement for about a month and I just noticed something I hadn't noticed before. If I incorrectly input my pin, it says I only have 9 attempts left until the device resets. Now, that seems a little off to me. Shouldn't it say 9 attempts until the device locks? Or something similar? Just the other night I was at dinner, had my phone on the table, and wasn't looking but trying to unlock my phone. I wasn't really paying attention, but I was 7 attempts deep before I actually looked down.

Is there a way to turn this off, yet keep other security? In the year I had my HTC 10, I don't ever remember it saying it would reset the device...
    03-14-2017 12:19 AM
    The reset vs lock seems like a security feature that a corporation might insist on when you are connecting to their email and other servers.
    Previous companies I have been at had such a requirement for mobile devices. The management software they required to be installed could also remotely wipe the device at their command.
    03-14-2017 02:20 AM