Why Youtube apps doesn't display a video

Fauzan R

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
Dear All, i'm using HTC one M8 and Marshmallow installed, in the last view days i almost can't use my youtube because its just too many ads on it.. but thats okay, i can deal with that and futhermore this is not the problems are.
the big challenges is when i try to play a video, the apps will show ads first and then play a video but the video screen/display is come up with black screen, so ican't see anything, strangely the audio is running well, internet connection is good and stable (fyi. im using external WiFi modem with a reputable provider).
i had try with different video, and give a same result. i already re-install the apps, but seems not working at all.
Hope you can suggest me to solve this problems. Thanks!

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
...the big challenges is when i try to play a video, the apps will show ads first and then play a video but the video screen/display is come up with black screen, so ican't see anything, strangely the audio is running well, ...

Try going into your Settings >> Application manager and locate the Youtube app. Tap the 'Force stop' button then the 'Clear data' button. That will wipe the app's cache and its settings/config files, essentially returning the app to its original state. Now try using the Youtube app again to see if that made any difference.

urbanman2004

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Try going into your Settings >> Application manager and locate the Youtube app. Tap the 'Force stop' button then the 'Clear data' button. That will wipe the app's cache and its settings/config files, essentially returning the app to its original state. Now try using the Youtube app again to see if that made any difference.
Thanks, your advice helped except instead of choosing to "Clear Data" I chose to "Clear Cache" instead.

urbanman2004

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
So after updating Youtube today on my Android box, the black screen issue came up again. This time I had to choose "Clear Data" in order for me to resolve it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try updating your Android to the new version. Hope this helps you.

Thanks for trying to help, but the correct solution was already discussed. The suggestion to update the Android version won't be very practical, since the device will automatically let the user know if there's a system update available, and most phones won't get official system updates for very long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC